Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2006, 04:36 PM

Default Russ Boyd $50K HORSE entrant

Russ played the $50K HORSE tourny finishing out early. $50,000 buyin, almost what he owes me. "Couldn't he have just have slept in and paid me?", a little voice inside says to me.

I know I know, he is just a failed businessman that used OTM that he wasn't supposed too, promised to sell the assets of the site if that is what it came to, and didn't. He then took those assets to start another site. All the time blaming Netpro, which he never mentioned the amount they didn't pay.(the O/U is $15K) Also I wonder how many times I was spammed from the site's user list being sold? Where's that $$? One of those early buyins for "Dutch". Here's my favorite: He got to investigate me.

I shouldn't be bitter. He has a web blog and plays in big money tournaments weekly.

I get to watch his chip tricks on ESPN whenever I want.

Russ Boyd has a bracelet..........

<sound of head striking keyboard>

MS Sunshine
Old 07-14-2006, 05:06 PM

Default Re: Russ Boyd $50K HORSE entrant

I thought his interview this week on the circuit was rather disgusting. He claims to have a current bankroll of less than 100K and says that he doesn't have enough money to pay back everyone, saying it's a difficult process. Please.
Old 07-14-2006, 05:16 PM

Has Russ been physically threatened by anyone for all the trouble he caused and money he stole? If I was him I would be scared as hell to be in public.

Brendan
Old 07-14-2006, 05:56 PM

conceiveably he could have been staked into this tourney.

Same could go for his bracelet event. And I also don't find it impossible that he could dumb enough to enter a $50k event even with less than $100k to his name.

That said, I still think he's about the scummiest of the scum regardless of the accuracy of his excuses and I suspect he does have more than $100k to his name and don't think any of his actions for his failed company or failed promises can be justified.

MS-Sun - For some reason I thought there was a post awhile back that implied you had come to some sort of 'arrangement' or something about this whole thing. This was over a year ago and since I hadn't heard you mention it in awhile I was hoping this was the case.
Evidently not.

I don't blame you for how upset this makes you.
If I was owed that amount of money by a guy and then saw him playing a $50k buy-in event WHILE also claiming he just doesn't have the funds to pay up I'm pretty sure I would still be furious about it even several years later.

I feel for you and know many other 2+2'ers do as well (as if that helps you get your $50k+ back).
Old 07-14-2006, 06:00 PM

MS,

He was being staked. Also your post is pretty pathetic.
Old 07-14-2006, 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
MS,

[/ QUOTE ]

way to be a turdscum.

just leave 2+2, OK?!?
Old 07-15-2006, 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
MS,

[/ QUOTE ]

Who would trust him to pay up? Might as well be a Nigerian 419 scam
Old 07-14-2006, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
MS-Sun - For some reason I thought there was a post awhile back that implied you had come to some sort of 'arrangement' or something about this whole thing. This was over a year ago and since I hadn't heard you mention it in awhile I was hoping this was the case.
Evidently not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember that. He was "done posting about it" and that casued speculation he had settleed and had a non-disclosure agreement in force.
Old 07-15-2006, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Evidently not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember that. He was "done posting about it" and that casued speculation he had settleed and had a non-disclosure agreement in force.

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember this as well. I asked him and he said something like 'I know people expect me to give details but I'm not going to.'
Old 07-14-2006, 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Russ played the $50K HORSE tourny finishing out early. $50,000 buyin, almost what he owes me. "Couldn't he have just have slept in and paid me?", a little voice inside says to me.

I know I know, he is just a failed businessman that used OTM that he wasn't supposed too, promised to sell the assets of the site if that is what it came to, and didn't. He then took those assets to start another site. All the time blaming Netpro, which he never mentioned the amount they didn't pay.(the O/U is $15K) Also I wonder how many times I was spammed from the site's user list being sold? Where's that $$? One of those early buyins for "Dutch". Here's my favorite: He got to investigate me.

I shouldn't be bitter. He has a web blog and plays in big money tournaments weekly.

I get to watch his chip tricks on ESPN whenever I want.

Russ Boyd has a bracelet..........

<sound of head striking keyboard>

MS Sunshine

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't part of any of this initial site, but when I saw his business plan for one of his new ventures, and saw that it called for enforcing/registering a patent/copyright on online poker tourneys, my opinion of him plummeted, and I didn't think it was possible to go that low.

He uses poker to fill his own pockets with loot, and if he can't beat you at the game, he'll take the money from the game you host at his site, and if that doesn't work, he'll try to get a copyright on an internet technology that he has no right to and would presumably use that copyright/patent to extort money from other online sites in terms of licensing and fees.

Besides - nothing good ever came from a guy named Russ - trust me - they start cults, shoot people in the capital, and are right above lawyers, pond scum, politicians and Entertainment executives in terms of the general love they receive.

I've been told at some point we'll all converge in a city for something called the Quickening and try to take each other heads, but I doubt I'll live long enough to see that - I expect to be declared a tratior to the state and executed long before then.

Russ "whiskeytown" Brown