Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2006, 03:32 AM

Default Cam needs a tattoo

Hello Loungers, for those of you with a penchant for body art, I need some advice. I am thinking of getting a tattoo, my first. Up until now I have not had any special dislike for tattoos, I just couldn't think of anything meaningful enough to keep with me forever. While I still do not know specifically what to get, I do know what I want to say.

I want this tattoo to remind me to appreciate those people and things around me that I so often take for granted. I don't know if anyone is into symbols, but if you can help it would be great. My gf has a buddhist symbol on her back, and one behind her ear, and more to come, so I am familiar with a few symbols. I don't want to ask her, so please don't suggest that.

Even if you guys just have a cool design that means nothing at all, it would still be appreciated.

Love ya TQZ!

Cam
Old 07-12-2006, 07:50 PM

Default Re: Cam needs a tattoo

Well, here's a link that might give you inspiration (in the text)?

Old 07-13-2006, 04:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, here's a link that might give you inspiration (in the text)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks db, that was pretty funny.

Maybe I should get the constitution transliterated into farsi, written in concentric circles about my outer extremities, that would be meaningful!!

Cam
Old 07-13-2006, 04:41 AM

Hiya Cam,

I would suggest you save a bit more money and get an artist jeweller to design a ring with your parameters (ie. it has to remind you of the importance to be conscious, or whatever). This can be very cool and be remarked upon by lots of people if sufficiently striking in design. It can also be a one-off, no one will wear a similar one if you get the work done on a commission basis. The advantage is that you can decide not to wear it if no longer appropriate. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

In the spirit of some of the other replies, I would suggest a sardine. Make sure that it really looks like a sardine and not the christian fish symbol. A detailed sardine tattoo on your forearm or even your forehead is really cool, imo. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-13-2006, 06:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In the spirit of some of the other replies, I would suggest a sardine. Make sure that it really looks like a sardine and not the christian fish symbol. A detailed sardine tattoo on your forearm or even your forehead is really cool, imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

MiDge,

I was considering a snake slithering from the back of my head to my left eye with a forked tongue emerging below the eye, but have decided that's way too macho for me. I have therefore decided that a sardine on the forehead might be just the ticket--slightly macho, but not as intimidating. I may, though, need to wait until I get promoted. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-12-2006, 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hello Loungers, for those of you with a penchant for body art, I need some advice. I am thinking of getting a tattoo, my first. Up until now I have not had any special dislike for tattoos, I just couldn't think of anything meaningful enough to keep with me forever. While I still do not know specifically what to get, I do know what I want to say.

I want this tattoo to remind me to appreciate those people and things around me that I so often take for granted. I don't know if anyone is into symbols, but if you can help it would be great. My gf has a buddhist symbol on her back, and one behind her ear, and more to come, so I am familiar with a few symbols. I don't want to ask her, so please don't suggest that.

Even if you guys just have a cool design that means nothing at all, it would still be appreciated.

Love ya TQZ!

Cam

[/ QUOTE ]

get a word in some asian language. something like, hope, life, trust, or strength. cause everything is more meaningful if it's in some sort of asian language.

or get some sort of tribal tattoo. it will make you feel at one with your tribal side.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:00 PM

I recommend barbed wire tattooed around your upper arm. When people see it they will realize that you are strong, tough, and not to be messed with, and that you are a true unique spirit as well.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I recommend barbed wire tattooed around your upper arm. When people see it they will realize that you are strong, tough, and not to be messed with, and that you are a true unique spirit as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto. A good way to express your creativity and individuality. This is even more expressive than wearing your cap backwards.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:15 AM

Old 07-13-2006, 04:24 AM

I think my original post may have been somewhat misleading. Any symbol can take on meaning, and I have no problem with having a design that is relaively meaningless to others. As I believe I said before my gf has several buddhist symbols, and uber obscure ones at that. The point isn't so much to show others anything, as it is to illicit a feeling and memory for myself.

I don't know what sort of design would be proper, but as I said, the point of this tattoo is to remind me to be appreciative. Appreciation is not my forte, but I want it to be. Any symbol or design that I really like would work, since it is for me, and therefore does not have to be understood by anyone else.

A tattoo that uses the body as an artistic element is what I'm looking for. A heart with an arrow through it on the bicep, the barb wire ring, the comically small gf name, all of these are tacky and just about worthless for me. Think about the tattoo of the virgin mary praying on the pikey's chest in "Snatch". Or the full artwork of nazi symbols on Edward Norton's character in "American History X". NOTE: the nazi tatoos use his body well, that's all I'm saying, not that I want any hateful symbols. Tatoos like those are more along the line of what I like, but obviously to use the body at large as a canvas means big tattoos. I don't have a problem with big tatoos, or with multiple small ones that use the body well, it's just those redneck ones aforementioned that I don't find meritorious in the least.

I haven't looked around, but is there a site like "Suicide Girls" that can provide large galleries? maybe that would be a good way to go.

Thanks harry, that one is interesting, but not proper for a feeling of appreciation, the lady crying would throw me off!!

Thanks all

Cam

Oh