Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2006, 02:53 AM

Default Would you read a blog if.......

Would you read a poker players blog if it wasn't written by them??

How would you feel if you found out? Betrayed? Mislead?
Old 07-09-2006, 02:59 AM

Default Re: Would you read a blog if.......

Not written by them as in like not typed by them or ??? I'd be ok with it as long as the stuff in the blog is coming from the person who the blog is about, regardless of who typed it in or whatever... Some people aren't really good at writing so as long as the content is true, I'd imagine that people wouldn't care.

BTW, you were on my left at my starting table in the 2k NLHE event the other day. Jen Harman busted my QQ w/her AK if that rings any bells.
Old 07-09-2006, 03:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not written by them as in like not typed by them or ??? I'd be ok with it as long as the stuff in the blog is coming from the person who the blog is about, regardless of who typed it in or whatever..

BTW, you were on my left at my starting table in the 2k NLHE event the other day. Jen Harman busted my QQ w/her AK if that rings any bells.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I remember you.... tough break

No I mean, if the blog isn't written by the player, someone else writes it, types it and posts it FOR the player.
Old 07-09-2006, 03:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Yes I remember you.... tough break

No I mean, if the blog isn't written by the player, someone else writes it, types it and posts it FOR the player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Coinflips suck. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Still have like 14 more events to play so I'm not too worried.

About the original post though, is this just one of those hypothetical things where someone starts a service and makes a blog for a ton of pros to record their day to day events or something? Or if it's about someone like DN (just throwing a name out there), having his blog done for him since he's too busy doing other things then I'd hope people wouldn't raise a stink about it. People should be happy that pros are actually making blogs about their lives considering it's just a public service anyways (or for their egos too I guess). Probably what I'm getting at is that if the content stays true regardless of who writes it, then it should be ok. If it's something where like a personal assistant writes it and the player had no involvement at all, then that's a completely different story.
Old 07-09-2006, 03:20 AM

???

A blog is SUPPOSED to be a sort of personal communique between the player himself and his fans

That's the difference between a blog and an article about the player

I would be upset about it, and would discontinue reading said blog

Any reason you bring this up? Gossip
Old 07-09-2006, 03:28 AM

so like you voice what you want to say to a assistant and he/she rights it out for you? Id be ok with that [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-09-2006, 03:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
???

A blog is SUPPOSED to be a sort of personal communique between the player himself and his fans

That's the difference between a blog and an article about the player

I would be upset about it, and would discontinue reading said blog

Any reason you bring this up? Gossip

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course gossip.....lol

Why do ya'll assume it is a "he"....

I was reading some of Liz Lieu's blogs and they are obviously not written by her, probably her agent. I believe if you can't write them yourself, you shouldn't have them. But then again I have a vocabulary that exceeds 100 words. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 07-09-2006, 03:18 AM

Write your own blog you've got an informal charm that would make it very readable!

Anyway, to your Q: if the person is asking the blogger lots of questions and basically presenting the blog in a 1st person way that suggests the blogger in fact authored it, it's fine as long as all the info presented is accurate and more or less in the famous person's words. That's basically "as-told" journalism, though usually in that case the actual author is known.

It's just tough to sometimes capture someone's inner thoughts about an experience, if it's a second-hand author.
Old 07-09-2006, 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Write your own blog you've got an informal charm that would make it very readable!

Anyway, to your Q: if the person is asking the blogger lots of questions and basically presenting the blog in a 1st person way that suggests the blogger in fact authored it, it's fine as long as all the info presented is accurate and more or less in the famous person's words. That's basically "as-told" journalism, though usually in that case the actual author is known.

It's just tough to sometimes capture someone's inner thoughts about an experience, if it's a second-hand author.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well duh Schneids....obviously I will be writing my own blogs, I thought you knew that I am never at a loss for words. I'm just trying to be entertained.... Ladies event tomorrow, either big stack or busto, you never know when you have a table full of women.... Oh Im on The Circuit tomorrow, listen up!
Old 07-09-2006, 03:43 AM

Good luck in it, kick some ass and take names! I'm on a 4 day poker break in MN, this no poker thing is pretty awesome [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]