Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2006, 08:26 PM

Default NL100 QQ on the button

I'm playing TAG, and Cbetting most flops, I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've reraised at this table and I've been here for about an hour.

I checked the flop in order to enduce a push from JJ or TT I planned on calling any non J or T turn.

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
10 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $210.50
UTG+1: $56.33
UTG+2: $53.70
MP1: $157.41
MP2: $8.55
MP3: $142.75
CO: $42.95
Hero: $113.60
SB: $93.25
BB: $88

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises to $4</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, 3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $16</font>, 2 folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($37.5, 2 players)
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($37.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 is all-in $40.33</font>, Hero calls.

River: : ($118.16, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $118.16)

Results:
Final pot: $118.16
Old 07-02-2006, 09:12 PM

Default Re: NL100 QQ on the button

I'm not so sure I like it, but if you have you're opponent on JJ-TT very well played, I would fold, myself.
Old 07-02-2006, 09:40 PM

We really aren't beating much on the turn. Although you have TT/JJ beat, do you really think villain is shoving into this kind of board often enough to make this +EV?
Old 07-02-2006, 10:06 PM

I don't like it. It seems to me that if you want to play for stacks, you should push the flop. I think that you are more likely to fold a small ace on the flop than you are to induce an all in that you can beat on the turn.

What did you know about this opponent that made you think that the most likely hand was a mid pocket pair and that he'd likely push the turn with that holding?
Old 07-02-2006, 11:12 PM

The only hands I'm worried about are AK, KK and 99. Should I throw AQ and AJ in his range? If I bet the flop all worse hands fold and better hands call. I figure if I check behind on the flop I can get worse hands to bet, and of course there are better hands that bet the turn like a slowplayed AA or KK, and 99. If he does have 1 of those 3 hands I have 8 outs against AA, 10 outs against 99 and 11 outs against KK unless he has the K of clubs which would be the hand that has me in the worst shape along with AK with the K of clubs.

Then when I add in the fact that I could in fact have the best hand I think it's a call. Especially when I've announced I'm scared of that A.

What would you do in UTG position if you had JJ or TT, after I check behind?
Old 07-03-2006, 05:18 PM

I'd either lead the flop with JJ / TT or check/fold the turn after you check behind on the flop. What do you think I put YOU on after the reraise that doesn't have me beat on this flop?
Old 07-02-2006, 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that you are more likely to fold a small ace on the flop than you are to induce an all in that you can beat on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't aggree with this. If villain liked his Ace enough to call for $12 more out of position, he ain't folding now that he paired his Ace and that he is getting 2-1 to call a $40 all-in bet.
Old 07-02-2006, 11:25 PM

i dont like it either. i bet the flop and be glad to take it down there. if i get called i dont put any more money in. without some read, i think you are behind a large majority of the time.
how tight/loose has he been? i think that AK and AA-99 is wayyy to narrow for his range, unless he is a complete rock. he could easily have Ak-a10, any PP or worse, and your weak check on the flop after you reraise just screams that your are terrified of that A.

i definately would not call here.
Old 07-02-2006, 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and your weak check on the flop after you reraise just screams that your are terrified of that A.

i definately would not call here.

[/ QUOTE ]

But doesn't the fact that I've announced I'm scared of the A open his push range up since now it would seem I will fold a KK-JJ hand?

I aggree with Mathieu, if a weak A decided to call the reraise he's not folding once he hits his A, and if I bet I'm putting him all in, since it's basically a pot sized bet.

I really don't see any merits to a flop bet, all worse hands fold and better hands call except maybe KK.
Old 07-02-2006, 11:36 PM

come on. the guy is not folding any ace. it's .50/$1 NL at Party for crying out loud. it's a donkfest.