Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2006, 10:16 AM

Default Anybody know anything about competitive eating?

The lines are up at Pinny for the hot dog eating contest. I am considering Joey Chestnut at -350 to beat Sonya Thomas. The girl is only 100lbs and who would want to lose to a girl. Also, considering yes for winner to eat at least 50 hot dogs at -120 and Kobayashi (5 straight previous wins) vs field at -280.

Thoughts anyone?
Old 06-29-2006, 11:05 AM

Default Re: Anybody know anything about competitive eating?

[ QUOTE ]

Thoughts anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you freakin kiddin me??!! I have officially seen it all.

Take Kobayashi Over 50 hotdogs at -115. I hear he has installed an aluminum gutter system in place of his God-given intestinal track. It's a lock. Too bad the limit is only $100.
Old 06-29-2006, 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thoughts anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

Take Kobayashi Over 50 hotdogs at -115. I hear he has installed an aluminum gutter system in place of his God-given intestinal track. It's a lock. Too bad the limit is only $100.

[/ QUOTE ]

word. all you have to see is the MTV True Life "i'm a competetive eater" where they do a profile of Kobayashi. It was unreal. He is a verifiable freak of nature. You would have to see it to believe what he is capable of. Over the years he has become a work out fanatic simply for the fact that by having more muscle tissue on his frame, he can consume MORE calories. he's gone over two of the last three years and last year fell short of 50 by 1 so he might be more motivated this year come big
Old 06-29-2006, 11:45 AM

Weird, they offered Kobayashi over 50 at -122 and will the winner eat at least 50 at -121. I took the latter obviously. Now I win instead of push if he lands on 50 exactly or if someone else by chance steals this thing and eats 50 or more.

These are regular size hot dogs right?
Old 06-29-2006, 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thoughts anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

word. all you have to see is the MTV True Life "i'm a competetive eater" where they do a profile of Kobayashi. It was unreal. He is a verifiable freak of nature. You would have to see it to believe what he is capable of. Over the years he has become a work out fanatic simply for the fact that by having more muscle tissue on his frame, he can consume MORE calories. he's gone over two of the last three years and last year fell short of 50 by 1 so he might be more motivated this year come big

[/ QUOTE ]

Not so fast.

[ QUOTE ]
Joey "Jaws" Chestnut is a competitive eater from San Jose, California, currently ranked No. 3 in the world by the International Federation of Competitive Eating. He set the American hot dog eating record on May 18, 2006 by eating an astounding 50 HDB (hot dogs and buns) in 12 minutes at the Las Vegas Qualifier of the Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest becoming the first American to do the "Deuce Tre".

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-30-2006, 09:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thoughts anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not so fast.

[ QUOTE ]
Joey "Jaws" Chestnut is a competitive eater from San Jose, California, currently ranked No. 3 in the world by the International Federation of Competitive Eating. He set the American hot dog eating record on May 18, 2006 by eating an astounding 50 HDB (hot dogs and buns) in 12 minutes at the Las Vegas Qualifier of the Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest becoming the first American to do the "Deuce Tre".

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that might be the american record, but i believe kobayashi holds the world record of 53.5 hot dogs and buns

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/07/04/hotdog.contest/

also, check this out. he is the michael jordan of cramming food in his puss

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takeru_Kobayashi
Old 06-29-2006, 12:27 PM

I took Kobayshi to win, both options -322 and -360 or something. He has won by atleast 8 hot dogs every year. Which may not sound like a lot but unless these peoples capacities increase by a ton, he will win again. Furthermore, I think if he does get some competition closer to 50 it will drive him even harder. May take the over 50 bets later. Thank you Runner Runner.

Rush
Old 06-29-2006, 01:57 PM

This is Roger Federer type dominance when it comes to hot dog eating.

I'd take the girl BTW. If I'm not mistakena chick came in 2nd or 3rd a few years back. I'd hate to pay for that bitch's dinner anywhere.
Old 06-29-2006, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is Roger Federer type dominance when it comes to hot dog eating.

I'd take the girl BTW. If I'm not mistakena chick came in 2nd or 3rd a few years back. I'd hate to pay for that bitch's dinner anywhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sonya has the record in several other foods:

http://sonyatheblackwidow.com/_wsn/page2.html

She is the well-rounded in competitive eating.
Old 06-30-2006, 03:03 AM

Only way Kob will lose is if he pukes....I don't see that happening.