Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 07:14 PM

Default conned by a taxi driver? NEVER

So my buddy and I go to a charity ball for the hell of it last night. We decide not to drive because we are going to get toasted. We decide to use the taxi service from the strip club my old roommate works at because it is only $5. These guys only offer this to people's houses and not other bars, etc. so we ask the operater when we call if the $5 counts if we are from out of town going to a hotel we are staying at. He says no problem. We are a bit buzzed and are joking about where to say we are from if he asks. I say we should act like rednecks but realize I probably can't keep up an accent. We say Oregon but that isn't the funny part of the story.

About a minute after the fare gets above $5.75 I ask him if that is just a formality since the operator told us it would be $5, and I already know he is working an angle somehow so I am having fun trying to set him up. He says that we needed to get a slip from the club so he can't do it. I'm like "Well we're only 15 or so blocks away it'll still be $5 if we turn around and go grab a slip." He says he's too busy. I laugh and tell him he's full of it, at which point my buddy says let's just call the operator because he assured us it was $5 and said nothing about having to get a slip. The driver vehemently protests to this, saying to not call he will give us the ride for $10. This mofo was going to charge us full rate, keep everything above $5 plus the tip we gave him above and beyond our full fare. I tell him if he would have just been honest and told us to get the slip his tip would have easily been better than $5 for trying to help save us some $$$ so he just screwed himself because I am not giving a $5 tip to some beeyatch who tried to con me. Again I say we are calling operator and he pleads for us to just pay $10. I have this fool back in a corner and could probably get him in trouble if I did call. My friend is a wuss and gives him $10 when we pull up and I tell him he doesn't deserve a damn dime. I can't believe some people are so damn crooked. Damn con artists.

I realize getting the $5 taxi ride wasn't totally moral on our parts either but there was a great possibility of me renting a room to party the night away in anyways which turned out to actually happen. God I love girls in formal wear. SO HOT!!!
Old 12-31-2005, 07:55 PM

Default Re: conned by a taxi driver? NEVER

Taxi drivers are often either really cool or total scum.
Old 12-31-2005, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
God I love girls in formal wear. SO HOT!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

God yes. Makes me want to throw a cocktail party.
Old 12-31-2005, 08:13 PM

sounds like you knew what was going on and still got hustled. you paid double the rate.

why not pay the $5, no tip and tell him not to con people?

bwana
Old 12-31-2005, 08:23 PM

I refused to pay more than $5 and told him this to which he pleaded to give him $10 and not call the taxi operator. I laughed and told him he was screwing us right to our face. My buddy gave him $10 because he's a pansy and didn't want a scene as I was starting to lay in to this guy because he was obviously telling us he had tried to con us and that he would "settle" with a $5 tip since his con didn't work. If my buddy wouldn't have been with he would have never gotten a penny more than $5 and things very well could have gotten violent. I do not take kindly to people trying to rip me off.
Old 12-31-2005, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he pleaded to give him $10 and not call the taxi operator.

[/ QUOTE ]

driver still got exactly what he asked for. not sure how this is a brag post.

bwana
Old 12-31-2005, 09:41 PM

get friends that aren't vaginas
Old 12-31-2005, 09:50 PM

prana,

So, the guy basically admitted he was conning you, but still managed to pull off the con?

I guess by "NEVER" you meant "ALWAYS" ?
Old 12-31-2005, 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
get friends that aren't vaginas

[/ QUOTE ]
this translates to, "have sex with gay men!" weeet
Old 12-31-2005, 10:49 PM

We say Oregon but that isn't the funny part of the story.

are you sure, because i STILL cant stop laughing!
Closed Thread