Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2006, 06:47 AM

Default TT, plenty of action

I thought it was about time I post something since I've only been answering to other posters' hands.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

SB ($79.50)
Hero ($153)
UTG ($90.80)
MP ($57)
Button ($132.65)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $3</font>, MP calls $3, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls $2.50, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $15</font>, UTG folds, MP calls $12, SB calls $12.

Flop: ($48) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $5.5</font>, Hero calls $5.50, MP folds.

Turn: ($59) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $9</font>, Hero calls $9.

River: ($77) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero...

UTG has been raising a lot and plays horribly post flop, this number of callers on his pf raise isn't anything out of the ordinary. My reraising range here is a lot bigger than AA,KK,QQ,AK and I guess they know that because I've been at the table for a while and have a pretty good image.

Who folds the flop, who doesn't value bet the river?
Old 01-18-2006, 06:52 AM

Default Re: TT, plenty of action

[ QUOTE ]
and I guess they know that because I've been at the table for a while and have a pretty good image

[/ QUOTE ]
I think that's overanalysing - this is a $100 NL game.

I'd quite like some reads on SB. Those little 10% pot bets make me think flush draw/moron rather than a queen. A queen from a player thinking that way would likely check instead. I'm probably going to be betting $25 on the river and hoping to see a call from Ax clubs, 77 or 88 or something.
Old 01-18-2006, 06:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and I guess they know that because I've been at the table for a while and have a pretty good image

[/ QUOTE ]
I think that's overanalysing - this is a $100 NL game.

I'd quite like some reads on SB. Those little 10% pot bets make me think flush draw/moron rather than a queen. A queen from a player thinking that way would likely check instead. I'm probably going to be betting $25 on the river and hoping to see a call from Ax clubs, 77 or 88 or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

it probably is but looking at how things were going on on the table (that guy raising every pot) a reraise in this pot doesn't need to be a monster and they know that.

no reads on sb, recently sat down, around 20hands on him.
Old 01-18-2006, 06:57 AM

Id never fold the flop especially against this guy, but it seems like an easy check behind on the river - this is also the way this kind of idiot would play JJ, KK, AA or even the unlikely Q I think, betting small trying to get raised. Can you call a raise if you bet the river?

Edit: what am I saying... KK and AA are very unlikely given the pre flop play, he could be doing this with a naked ace or flush draw. Call me weak tight but I still think checking behind is good.
Old 01-18-2006, 10:44 AM

I don't think that checking is weak tight as such, but I do think it's losing you equity in the long run. I think it's likely enough that he'll call you with a weaker hand that it's a +ev play.
Old 01-18-2006, 06:55 AM

Well, I bet the river if I know that he pays me off with Ace high. I dunno if this should be treated as a bluff or a value bet. Sb's line is confusing...
Old 01-18-2006, 06:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I dunno if this should be treated as a bluff or a value bet

[/ QUOTE ]

i don0t think any better hand is folding
Old 01-18-2006, 10:11 AM

Well, you can't fold the flop. You're 22:1 to hit a T on the turn and you'll get paid 23:1 if he has a Queen and you break him. Plus he probably doesn't have a Q. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

On the turn I'd just assume he doesn't have quads. (If I were to go broke every time I had a house vs quads I wouldn't loose much.) AA and KK seem really unlikely after he's had two chances to raise, and they bet that river. You're only afraid of JJ, which might find another microbet on the river too. I say bet $20, but I don't expect to get paid. Would be nice if he'd hit his flush... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-18-2006, 10:39 AM

I call the flop, call the turn, and I lead the river for something I think he'll call with. $20 seems about right.
Old 01-18-2006, 11:23 AM

Villain might indeed be horrible post-flop, but he can't be horrible enough to check the river with AA/KK/Qx/JJ. I like the $20 value bet. And yes, you're committed to call if he pushes, because calling a push would mean calling off $30 more. But I think you are ahead so often here that a value bet is +EV.