Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2006, 04:40 PM

Default Studoku!

I have made a puzzle based on sudoku logic with a 4th of July theme. There are no numbers but instead I have used images placed in avatars. 81 avatars when placed in the proper order reveal a hidden picture containing a question. Providing the answer to this question is the goal of the contest. Crazy huh?

So far I have shown this to Mat, Dynasty, ajmargarine, and anacardo. I don't think it makes any sense to any of them. And I might have made it to hard or I didn't follow proper logic. But to bad I plan to present this puzzle regardless! So I am looking for ideas about how to present it.

1. Can we have some moderators give away prizes similar to the Easter Egg hunt? If so throw out some ideas here. I understand if this is not possible.

2. What forum should this contest be held in? POG seems like the right place for it but I would prefer to put it in OOT. More traffic and I consider that my home. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

3. What time of day would be the best? I made the puzzle so it has to be presented on or preferably after July 4th in order to be solvable. I like the idea of doing it on July 5th in the hopes more people will play as traffic seems slow on holidays.

Please ask questions if you have them and any suggestions would be most welcomed.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:18 AM

Default Re: Studoku!

I did go through your PM to me. However, since I have never done a soduko (sp?), it was hard to follow. I'm not sure I'm the right guy to work with you on this.

I'd suggest you do it in OOT.
Old 06-26-2006, 08:04 PM

cool! I'm a recent sudoku enthusiast and i'd love to try my hand at it when you send it out.

Surf
Old 06-26-2006, 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
cool! I'm a recent sudoku enthusiast and i'd love to try my hand at it when you send it out.

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]I'm psyched about the puzzle, too.

If mods aren't eligible for the competition, does that mean I can get a sneak peak? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
-Sam
Old 06-26-2006, 09:57 PM

stuey - not really my thing but OOT is fine if the threads can be kept to a reasonable number
Old 06-26-2006, 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
stuey - not really my thing but OOT is fine if the threads can be kept to a reasonable number

[/ QUOTE ]Stuey, since OOT's your "home", your forum decision makes sense. But do make sure to post a pointer in POG.
-Sam
Old 06-27-2006, 04:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Stuey, since OOT's your "home", your forum decision makes sense. But do make sure to post a pointer in POG.
-Sam

[/ QUOTE ]

The more I think about it the more it becomes clear this should be done in the POG forum. I will with, [censored]'s and the POG mods ok like to post a announcement thread in OOT and POG about a week before July 4th to get the word out. I will bump these threads as the contest nears. But the contest itself will be held in POG if no one minds. It is a puzzle and that is the puzzle forum the people that love puzzles will see it. And you must love puzzles to even try this monster.
Old 06-27-2006, 03:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]I'm psyched about the puzzle, too.

If mods aren't eligible for the competition, does that mean I can get a sneak peak? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
-Sam

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like mods to be eligible for the competition but I just want to make the puzzle not decide stuff like this. Dynasty I need your organizational skills to run the puzzle smoothly. You did a great job last time. I would have never figured out how to award the prizes in fair and orderly manner. I am an ideas man but I am also hairbrained at times. I understand if you feel like sitting out this one but I might make a real mess of it without you.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here.
Old 06-27-2006, 12:20 AM

Stuey:

Within our PM's, you said I could get a sneak peek at the finished product and try to solve it. Forget all these other stiffs. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

--aj