Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2006, 04:53 AM

Default What\'s largest stack you\'ve ever seen on 2k NL table? <Low Content>

And Pokerstars doesn't count becuase of the rebuy bug. I'm curious because I'm at a table with an ultraLag/maniac who just crossed 30k and that's the largest I've personally been at the table with. I remember Bajawa reaching mid 20's a few times for those that remember him during the intro of Party 10/20. Most of the time it's been a full 6 max but he's cleaned most of the others out and it's is down to 4 now.
Old 06-16-2006, 04:56 AM

Default Re: What\'s largest stack you\'ve ever seen on 2k NL table? <Low Content

More interesting. Whats the largest effective stacks you have seen? Sam posted a hand with him and bld a while ago that was very deep.
Old 06-16-2006, 05:02 AM

Default Re: What\'s largest stack you\'ve ever seen on 2k NL table? <Low Content

I've seen 28k and 17k stacks at the same table before back when PP first instroduced 2kNL and it was a madhouse for a while. But I haven't personally either seen or been at a table where anyone had 30k before at a 10/20 NL table online.
Old 06-16-2006, 06:00 AM

I was playing with H@ll when he has 32k at the table. This was after they removed the rebuy bug.
Old 06-28-2006, 12:36 AM

This didn't compete with that hand in terms of effective stacks, at one point there were two of us over 13k+ plus the ultra lag at 29k but he left when he had dropped close to 20k or so. What was impressive was how fast he built the stack, he went there from 2k in under 2 hours at a table with 3 of the other 6 seats with 25/50NL regular winning players and no real donk contributions from the other seats when they were filled with 5/10 players taking a shot at him.
Old 06-16-2006, 07:10 AM

Default Re: What\'s largest stack you\'ve ever seen on 2k NL table? <Low Content>

BldSwtTrs had $30K at one of my tables about 2 months back.

He made it from $2000 in about 1 to 1.5 hours tops. With his incredible aggression + running very hot = lots of money.
Old 06-16-2006, 10:26 AM

This guy makes Bld or Samoleous look like a nit. Course he was running thermodynamic bomb hot but still, his PT stats for 200 hands were 44/64 with 5/6 players at the table. Any idea of if most of this came from a full 6 max table or mostly 2 or 3 handed? I know this was unlikely to be any record or anything but it just happened to be the largest I've personally sat with so I was curious.
Old 06-16-2006, 08:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And Pokerstars doesn't count becuase of the rebuy bug. I'm curious because I'm at a table with an ultraLag/maniac who just crossed 30k and that's the largest I've personally been at the table with. I remember Bajawa reaching mid 20's a few times for those that remember him during the intro of Party 10/20. Most of the time it's been a full 6 max but he's cleaned most of the others out and it's is down to 4 now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stars bug is gone. Hallinggol had 100k on one table and he took a screenshot of himself betting 1 100k chip. Shortly after stars had a non scheduled server restart and the money was moved off the table.
Old 06-16-2006, 10:21 AM

Any idea how many players contributed and/or whether this was largely a result of HU with someone? I've seen some monster stacks at Stars but those were all back in the bug days so I had no way of knowing how they got that big.
Old 06-16-2006, 10:30 AM

stars stacks are somewhat a scam, b/c you can stay at the table for days without getting booted.