Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2006, 12:57 AM

Default For Sale: 1050 Nevada Jacks Skulls Cash/Tourney set

This set of Nevada Jacks skulls was built for low/medium limit cash games and also tourneys. The low-denom chips (.25-1.00) have seen action once. All the other chips have never been played with.

I liked the skulls, and began to build a killer set. I grabbed the hard-to-find gray .25 cent chips to avoid the similarity of the pink .25's and orange .50's. The tourney setup was based on the recommendations at a well-known poker tourney site. I purchased the 5 10-chip sample sets so that I'd never be in a pinch if a few chips were lost.

The set has the following:
100 .25 (GRAY)
100 .50
200 1.00
200 5.00
200 25.00
50 100.00
50 500.00
50 1000.00
50 5000.00
50 samples (5 10-chip samples, all NJ skulls ever made - pink & gray .50's).
1 500-chip aluminum case with key, dealer button, 5 dice, two packs of NJ-logo Copag cards (cards opened, used once).

I very much like this set, but some of the older folks in my poker group simply don't like the skulls. So I've decided to look for a new set.

Ideally, the set will be sold as a whole. If there's no interest, then I suppose I'll need to break it up. I'm asking $450 plus shipping for the whole package.
Old 06-15-2006, 06:48 PM

Default Re: For Sale: 1050 Nevada Jacks Skulls Cash/Tourney set

I'm interested ... but you'll need to PM me with several pictures.
Old 06-15-2006, 10:58 PM

If you don't get the whole set sold, I'd be interested in partials.

Particularly the quarters and half dollars.
Old 06-16-2006, 12:21 AM

PM sent to yoadrians. Etaipo, thanks for your interest. We'll see how things go.
Old 06-18-2006, 04:56 PM

Just so folks know - haven't received any interest in this set yet. Make me an offer!
Old 06-18-2006, 11:27 PM

When you say they don't like the skulls you mean they don't like the chips or they don't like the skull design?

I'm just curious.
Old 06-18-2006, 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When you say they don't like the skulls you mean they don't like the chips or they don't like the skull design?

I'm just curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, we were playing a .25/.50/1.00 cash game (grey, orange, blue), and $5 reds eventually on the rebuys. The older fellows were raised on red, white and blue chips (the classic plastic ones) - the way God intended. They just felt that the colors were strange.

Once one of them made a mistake (wrong denomination), they all began to complain that the chips weren't normal.

Actually, I wonder what the standard is for red, white, blue chip denominations in a .25/.50/1.00 game. The NJ blues are $1, does that match up? And what about the $5 red vs. the plastic chip red assignment? The mistake that started the complaining was trying to play a red $5 as some other cheap chip.

I would have thought that the printed denominations would have removed any problem.
Old 06-22-2006, 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, we were playing a .25/.50/1.00 cash game (grey, orange, blue), and $5 reds eventually on the rebuys. The older fellows were raised on red, white and blue chips (the classic plastic ones) - the way God intended. They just felt that the colors were strange.

Once one of them made a mistake (wrong denomination), they all began to complain that the chips weren't normal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tards, the lot of them.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tards, the lot of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, yes, but I hope to be old and and crotchety myself someday. In the meantime, I need to engage in some legal chip dumping.
Old 07-24-2006, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Actually, I wonder what the standard is for red, white, blue chip denominations in a .25/.50/1.00 game. The NJ blues are $1, does that match up? And what about the $5 red vs. the plastic chip red assignment? The mistake that started the complaining was trying to play a red $5 as some other cheap chip.

I would have thought that the printed denominations would have removed any problem.

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't use 50 cent chips with 25s and $1 chips. A third denomination adds confusion, but no useful role in the game. If there are only two colors, even the retard-nits can figure out what is what. On a 25-50 blind limit game, people toss one chip to call (50), and one chip to raise ($1). It's confusing (esp from other end of the table), and unnecessary.

I can't imagine what denomination anyone would expect a red chip to be but $5. What did your player say he thought it should be? Folk often play white=1, red=5, blue=10 with the "god made 'em" chips. This doesn't work with a quarter-dollar game, but denominations on your chips makes it obvious for everyone who can read. ugh.

-Curtis