Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2006, 01:19 PM

Default Keeping track of your play?

I started playing a couple of days ago and I'm thinking it would be smart to keep track of my play right from the start. At first I thought Excel would be good for this, but are there any good softwares that's making it easier to do this?
Old 05-13-2006, 01:47 PM

Default Re: Keeping track of your play?

I agree that it's very good to keep track of your play right from the start! Excel works but there are some softwares helping you do this. I use a software called Poker Office which shows you your (and your opponents) hourly earn, #hands played, aggressiveness, and much more. It also provides a live tracker that shows you stats right on the table/s your playing at. It also shows pot odds and best hand possible, etc. You can download it from www.pokeroffice.com and try it for free during 300 hands.
Old 05-13-2006, 04:07 PM

I found Statking to be useful.
Old 05-13-2006, 02:32 PM

I use checkyourbets.com to track my stats. It provides you with graphs and does hourly BB plus ROIs for tourneys. It doesn't track your opponents play just tracks the data you input. I like this more because I only single table and it forces me to pay attention to the table rather than rely on a program to do it for me. I personally view the tracking programs as a crutch but others swear buy it. I don't think either is wrong just depends on personal preference.
Old 05-13-2006, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I started playing a couple of days ago and I'm thinking it would be smart to keep track of my play right from the start. At first I thought Excel would be good for this, but are there any good softwares that's making it easier to do this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker Tracker is a very good program and its a standard on this forum. Its worth the money.
Old 05-13-2006, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Most people agree Poker Tracker is the way to go for statistical tracking. To keep track of your bankroll I would recommend Quicken. With Quicken you can check your account balances at various sites on the internet at a glance, create customized reports to show total profit (with bonuses and rake returns), and use the tax estimation feature to help during tax time.
Old 05-13-2006, 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Most people agree Poker Tracker is the way to go for statistical tracking of your online play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used a spreadsheet for a couple of years and was slow to buy PT, but I put rather more emphasis on brick-and-mortar poker than most people here. PT is great for online stats, but AFAIK you can't enter your own B&M sessions, so I still use the spreadsheet for B&M.
Old 05-14-2006, 06:13 PM

I use a works based spreadsheet to keep track of accounts at multiple sites and my daily results. I've been using that since I started playing. I created a template in works and start new each month.

Pokertracker keeps good statistical records and results for your sessions, but does not have a function for tracking balances at multiple sites. You can get Pokertracker from PSO(the bonus forum sponsor here) for free when you do a promotion through them.
Old 05-16-2006, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You can get Pokertracker from PSO(the bonus forum sponsor here) for free when you do a promotion through them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where? How?
Old 05-16-2006, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You can get Pokertracker from PSO(the bonus forum sponsor here) for free when you do a promotion through them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where? How?

[/ QUOTE ]

As I mentioned before, the "free" copy of Pokertracker is instead of the cash that many sites will offer. Pokertracker costs $55, so if you can find an affiliate offering more than $55 to sign up then you can get a "free" copy of Pokertracker plus whatever extra they give. On the other hand, if most people are giving only $50 for whatever site PSO gives away PT for then its a good deal. Make sure to do at least a little affiliate research before signing up for "free" software.