Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2006, 01:18 PM

Default How many of you could Matt Hughes fight?

This thread was waiting to happen...

For those who missed the other threads, Matt Hughes is the UFC welterweight champion and generally an ass-kicking dude.

Okay, one-on-one, I get knocked out very quickly.

If my clone is in the octagon with me, I still think Hughes is a heavy favorite. I have some limited martial arts skills, but not enough to defend myself for more than, say, 15-30 seconds. So I think Hughes's strategy would be to focus on one and try to knock him out, while hoping not to get hurt too bad by the other. My strategy would be to have one guy not get killed while the other tries to wrap up Hughes. If we got Hughes to give his back up, one might be able to get a naked choke. Not too likely, and I'd put Hughes at -300 or better in that fight.

With three, I think we'd probably be the favorites. Same basic strategy. We'd try to rush him, wrap him up, and prevent him from striking. With two other people to deal with, he can't afford to go to the ground, because he'll get smothered. I think with three-on-one he'd have to change to a strike-and-run strategy to keep from getting surrounded. Hughes at +300.

Four and above I think this gets pretty easy, even if one or two of us does lose some teeth.
Old 04-29-2006, 01:44 PM

Default Re: How many of you could Matt Hughes fight?

I actually don't think it takes like hundreds of me to get this guy. First, I would think there are only so many of you that could actually fight him at once, I am speaking in terms of area and room.

I am 6'3 200lbs. I think, to be on the safe side I would say 10 of me could have the strength and weight to have him pinned and then choke the [censored] out of him. It would have to be an attack at once, circled around him from all directions for it to have the highest succes rate though.

I say 10 b/c I think he knocks maybe 3 of me unconscious during the fight, but the 7 or so reinforcements are enough to do the job.
Old 04-29-2006, 01:56 PM

Hughes couldn't take 2 of anybody who had any clue what they were doing in a fight.
Old 04-29-2006, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hughes couldn't take 2 of anybody who had any clue what they were doing in a fight.

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl
Old 04-29-2006, 03:09 PM

I think 2 of me? I may be CRAZY though to think that.
Old 04-29-2006, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong.
Old 04-29-2006, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. One me, Hughes wins easy. Me and my clone, we win even easier.

In a match against multiple opponents, striking ability goes way up in value, wrestling and submission skills go way down. Thats why I hate when Joe Rogan says, "now we know what works." Jiujitsu is great for one on one closed matches, but not necesarilly the greatest thing for more general conditions.
Old 04-29-2006, 03:27 PM

If you're Asian, you can only fight him one at a time, so there's not a real advantage to having a lot of clones until the fight has been going on for quite a while.

Seriously, though, a fight vs. three cowards is different than a fight versus three maniacs. Cowards -- or let's call them your average guy -- are very likely to let someone else take the initiative and only come in when it looks perfectly safe. And maybe not even then. They'll flex and crow with the best of them once the battle is won, however. Maniacs perversely have a lot in common with people who have a little sense in a situation like this, because they'd all rush him at once, which is probably much less dangerous than fighting him one at a time.

If the guys are chicken enough, having multiple guys is good for little but intimidation value.
Old 04-29-2006, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're Asian, you can only fight him one at a time...

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFLMFAO
Old 04-29-2006, 03:27 PM

3 maybe 4. I think it's similar to how many 14 year olds you could take, i've had lots of fights and I couldn't beat 4