Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2007, 02:13 AM

Default I\'m bored

The decreased traffic in this forum makes me a little sad. So here's a standard hand where I value bet preflop, on the flop, and on turn with Ace-high then fold top pair on the river.

Villain is a about a 50 VPIP and played pretty passively.

Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
CO folds, Button folds, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.00 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.00 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (5.00 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">BB raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7.00 BB
Old 09-05-2007, 02:21 AM

Default Re: I\'m bored

Looks good. Your kicker is no good, his flush came in, or he called with 4x, 77 or 66.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:37 AM

Why was this a b/f instead of a b/c? Couldn't BB put you on a PP and raise when his A gets there? What stakes were these? The lower the stakes, the more likely I would be to call this.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why was this a b/f instead of a b/c? Couldn't BB put you on a PP and raise when his A gets there? What stakes were these? The lower the stakes, the more likely I would be to call this.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
you assume this guy has a brain?
Old 09-05-2007, 07:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why fold?
Old 09-05-2007, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

my comment was more for this poster and what he was thinking, not a comment on the hand

in general, players at this level (who tend towards passive) do not really think about what 'you' have ... even posters on this board don't think about what their opponents are calling with ... your opponents normally look at their hand and either get a hard on and raise (or slowplay their 'monster') or just passively call down with whatever crap they have because they haven't a clue what we hold.

and as for the comment ... 'The lower the stakes, the more likely I would be to call this'

his logic is backwards ... the higher the level generally indicated more 'advanced' opponents who no longer 'just look at their hand', and features many solid thinking players who can fold Queens, Kings and a not so solid ace and will be using a bet-fold line (especially on this river: ace+flush)

on the hand:
i'm surprise Aaron would include a 'read' that is actually based on limited stats ...
by stats he isn't exactly passive (unless Aaron saw a couple of spots that would indicate that villain just hit a couple of solid hands in this time frame to bump is AF up ... and also noticed other spots where villain called down with OK hands, as well as weak hands)

since this is only over 50 or so hands I can't see folding .. but if this guy is passive over a larger time frame I would aggree b/f or c/c (and c/c being crap because you let a passive opponent value bet his strong hands and check behind some random garbage that is small little brain would have called with)
Old 09-05-2007, 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
on the hand:
i'm surprise Aaron would include a 'read' that is actually based on limited stats ...
by stats he isn't exactly passive (unless Aaron saw a couple of spots that would indicate that villain just hit a couple of solid hands in this time frame to bump is AF up ... and also noticed other spots where villain called down with OK hands, as well as weak hands)

[/ QUOTE ]

I presented the read and said it was weakly supported by the stats. I didn't really want to get into the details of the read (it was pretty late when I posted). But the general idea was that he was a player who saw lots of flops, didn't raise very much preflop or postflop.... he was a passive player.

But putting this aside for a moment, I think this situation is generally a bet-fold or check-call situation. I think you would need to find a player who has a very high bluff-raising/misplaced raising frequency before making a bet-call correct.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:43 AM

I agree most players don't think about what others have. The comment about the stakes had to do with the fact that at lower levels people will raise with Ax here.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:58 AM

I don't like this fold at all. You don't think that villian is either raising for value with a worse ace or bluffing the ace/flush once in six?

I like the rest of the hand though.

Btw, I don't necessarially think decreased traffic is a bad thing. Look at how chaotic the busy NL forums are. Some posts only get one or two replies. Others don't get any replies from anbody with more than 200 posts. Atleast here basically every thread will get multiplay replies from people who know their stuff and we regularly have some very good discussions.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Btw, I don't necessarially think decreased traffic is a bad thing. Look at how chaotic the busy NL forums are.

[/ QUOTE ]
To continue the hijack: I greatly prefer lurking/posting in the limit forums compared to the NL forums. Many posts in uNL and increasingly in SSNL get a one-line answer from somebody who didn't read the text and read the action wrong. The advice in limit is far and far better and there are a lot of posters I greatly respect, and they post/comment also in the micros.

It's just that NL is far more profitable (I play 100NL but I don't know if I can beat 2/4).