Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2007, 11:32 PM

Default Uranium hits a new all time high

Uranium is now trading at 75USD/lb. It has been going up nonstop since 2000. Nuclear power (which requires Uranium) is the solution to global warming. It is clean, safe, and more importantly it does not release any hydrocarbons that contribute to global warming. Once the general public realizes that there is going to be a worldwide shift from the burning of fossil fuels to nuclear power for energy, the sky is the limit. The mania phase is always the most profitable phase of any bull market.
Old 02-03-2007, 09:08 AM

Default Re: Uranium hits a new all time high

[sarcasm]Too bad you don't have a stock recommendation.[/sarcasm]
Old 02-10-2007, 02:29 AM

Uranium should be up another 5 bucks on Monday to reach a new all time high of $80/pound. From $8/pound to $80/pound in 6 yrs without any down ticks.

Here are a few tickers for those interested in following the Uranium sector:
mga.to, abn.v, ure.to, jnn.v, maw.v, pnp.to, frg, sxr.to, asxsf.ob, dml.to, lam.to
Old 02-10-2007, 10:20 AM

do you know of any in the uk?
Old 02-10-2007, 05:24 PM

i have spoken to a friend who is a commodity trader and he says to buy as well. he is looking into which firms look best. what would you recommend? what would you expect the price to be come end of the year?

this has made sick gains, why is it this never publicised yet we also hear about oil etc. i have read a few articles just now about uranium from googling fwiw.
Old 02-10-2007, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i have spoken to a friend who is a commodity trader and he says to buy as well. he is looking into which firms look best. what would you recommend? what would you expect the price to be come end of the year?

this has made sick gains, why is it this never publicised yet we also hear about oil etc. i have read a few articles just now about uranium from googling fwiw.

[/ QUOTE ]

The general public is clueless about Uranium. There is eventually going to be a worldwide shift from the burning of fossil fuels to nuclear power for production of mass energy. China is building several plants and so is India. France gets 70% of its energy from Nuclear. Global Warming is real and Uranium is the solution. It doesn't help when you have companies like Exxon Mobil paying scientists up to $10,000 each to dispute the global warming findings.

It is impossible to predict the future price of Uranium, but the demand supply is so out of whack that I can only foresee it going up a lot more. Besides, the cost of uranium relative to the total costs of the nuclear facility is about 5%. So it doesnt matter if they pay $50, $100, or $200 because it doesn't effect the total cost by that much. If you want my guesses, I would say $100+ before year end. Long term I would guess $150-$200 and that is where I would be looking to exit from my positions.

Bull markets usually top off in a mania phase. That is when everyone is jumping in and stocks are reaching mind boggling levels. The Uranium bull market is no where neart that stage as the public is still out of the picture.

Many of the stocks I follow are exploration stocks. They are very risky and have 0 revenue. They are looking to find a large deposit of Uranium that would be economically feasible to develop into a mine which usually takes 5 to 10 yrs to complete. Most of them will never find anything and eventually become worthless. I am not buying them because I think they are value stocks, I am buying them as investment vehicles to participate in the Uranium bull market. And when I think the bull market is over, I will be unloading them, without any care if they eventually find anything or not.

Lower Risk Plays: MGA.TO, URE.TO
Medium to High Risk: ABN.V, JNN.V, TXM.V

I own all of these and I went heavy on ABN.V. Small float and small market cap and I expect a double or triple by year end. Make no mistake though, it is pure gambling. Also, these stocks have severe corrections...I have had some go from 1 to 4 back to 2 then to 6. Need a lot of guts and nerve to hold on.
Old 02-11-2007, 06:09 PM

Most of my $$ has been in Uranium companies for the last couple of months and I believe that 2007 will be a very good year.

Before starting investing in U308, I would consider a few things:

1) Will your broker allow you to trade stocks on the TSX (and TSX-Venture) exchange? Canada's is the world largest uranium producer and most companies are listed here. IMO, your options are too limited if you restrict yourself to the London stock exchange

2) How much do you know about uranium companies? How much time do you have on your hand to research individual companies?

If you do not have a lot of knowledge, you could invest in U.TO which is a company that buys physical uranium so you get an exposure to the Uranium market, with less volatily than individual companies.

3) Do you want to invest in producers or explorers? Producers are less risky while explorers offer more potential. Once again, if you have very few knowledge, investing in a couple of well established producers might be the safest way.

4) What is your horizon? Do you want to buy & hold for long-term? Will you watch the performance of your stock every day? If you don't want to follow your stocks too closely, then once again producers are safer. On the other hand, if you want to invest for a couple of weeks/mothns, exploration companies are interesting. You must know that most of the companies that find uranium will never get it into production. So as soon as you are in the money with a small company, it is important that you take some money off the table because the share price can drop pretty fast.

5) If you want to invest in small exploration companies, make sure that you get familiar with drill results. For example, if a company intersects 1% U308 on 10 meters, is it good or not?

I like UUU (I own it). I believe that they are a very good candidate for a takeover by Cameco, which should be buying a few U308 companies since their Cigar Lake production is delayed for 5-7 years. gonebroke seems to know his stuff and I like a few of his recommendation.

Finally, if I had a single uranium stock to recommend, it would be RSC.V I'm not gonna start pumping this stock on a message board but if you want my opinion on this stock, just PM me.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like UUU (I own it). I believe that they are a very good candidate for a takeover by Cameco, which should be buying a few U308 companies since their Cigar Lake production is delayed for 5-7 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. I find this pretty scary. Yesterday I said UUU could be bought out, and one day later it happens. Ok I got the wrong buyer but still...
Old 02-11-2007, 08:00 PM

Buy Halliburton (HAL). It will be a great investment when the US attacks Iran. Halliburton reconstructs the oil fields and bills Uncle Sam at cost plus.
Old 02-12-2007, 02:09 AM

This may be a dumb question but where do you find the price of commodities? I tried Yahoo Finace but they don't seem to have the info.