Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 12:23 AM

Default I\'m starting to hate n00bs

--no one cares about your blog
--no one cares about pronouncements of future poker essays from you.
--no one cares about your winrate
--no one cares about your starting hand requirements
--no one cares how awesome you are, how much you suck, about your bad beats, about your funny/peculiar hands.

PAY YOUR DUES.

Read the forum FIRST. Post hands. Comment on hands. Be nice. You can't get away with being an arrogant old prick until you have 2K posts.

Convert your bleeping hands. I converted my hands, by hand, for a long time here because my site didn't have a converter. If I open a thread, and see the hand isn't converted, I just close it back up and don't even read it; and I know alot of others do the same.

This forum is so noisy. 12 n00bs come here everyday and start new threads that are topics answered every day around here. I think SSNL is the second most active forum behind OOT at 2p2. 70% of this forum is Noise.

(Forum split anyone? 50NL and below, microstakes; 100-200NL smallstakes?)

Realize that the vets, the people that could actually help you, aren't arrogant but are jaded by n00b nonsense. When you see the same thing every day, asked by a new person every day:

--Hey everyone, where do you play/where should I play
--Hey everyone, what's your winrate
--Hey, what should my bankroll be
--Hey, should I move up/move down/quit poker
--Hey everyone, I'm new to poker, and I've played 1800 hands and have been killing the game, and I just quit college and now I'm a pro, and my mom wants me to get a job and move out of the basement, should I move up to NL25

Get the point?

There's about 20 good posters on the board, who you should read, and try to get involved in thread discussions where they are present. There's about 25-30 or so others who are decent. The rest are just noise.

Get some street cred before you start trying to throw your weight around and spouting nonsense.

That is all.

/end rant
Old 05-25-2006, 12:26 AM

Default Re: I\'m starting to hate n00bs

I had an omlette for breakfast
Old 05-25-2006, 12:31 AM

Well said. Quality over quantity is what SSNL needs. We need to focus on the few good threads and really nail down the analysis and approach for the important and common situations. The split is a good idea, and needs some consideration. SSNL is pretty much unreadable for me these days.
Old 05-25-2006, 12:33 AM

Yeah, I'm kinda getting sick of the "should I fold TPTK on a 4 flush board..." posts. Not to mention all the other nonsense.
Old 05-25-2006, 12:42 AM

It really is getting difficult to find the good and informative posts amongst all the other rubbish being posted lately.
Old 05-25-2006, 12:54 AM

I like the split idea. I moved up to $200 nl and feel I don't have a home for posting hands. I switched to MSNL cuz there wasn't as much clutter as SSNL and the advice from the regulars is usually gold. However, I see a huge influx of $200 nl posters and am a afraid they are getting tired of answering all our questions, so I mix it up now between MSNL and SSNL. Would a good split be $25/$50 and $100/$200?
Old 05-25-2006, 12:58 AM

I don't think the split solves anything. People just need to freaking read a while before posting nonsense.

I'm down for flaming newbs with bad posts.

We need a keyword to post in lame threads for "hey newb, read the FAQ, read other people's posts, post converted hands, etc."
Old 05-25-2006, 01:03 AM

The forum names here are realy misnomers. Don't post a 200nl hand in MSNL just because technically 200nl is midstakes - post a hand in MSNL because it goes beyond the fundamentals.

SSNL's topic is roughly "Fundamentals of NL". MSNL is more of a forum where all the basic clutter is gone, and we're left with the discussion of the nuances of poker.

Don't be afraid to post a higher stakes hand in SSNL - for example, I play midstakes, and if I find myself in a really basic spot that I really screwed up, I wouldn't hesitate to post it here (I have in the past).
Old 05-25-2006, 12:40 AM

Not wanting to single anyone out, and no offense intended here, but this is a typical front page post at the moment from a typical SSNL n00b:

[ QUOTE ]
I have the case of "I don't believe you" syndrome. I'd say I'm a tag with a wide raising range. around 20/10. say for example I raisein EP with a pair, ill bet first to act and if I get raised I feel like I'm getting bluffed.

and if I do get called I usually do a checkfold and if they're floating me so I fire another barrell.

so I guess my question is, if I'm in position or OOP, and my Flop bet gets called whil I was the prelop aggressor, should I just check behind on the turn and let them take it if they bet? or should I try to fight for the pot? if no solid reads are available.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is unanswerable. Do you see why?

n00bs come here looking for the correct poker-by-numbers set, so they can sit down and rake in the dough. Poker is nuanced. You can't answer that question, or 9/10 of the general, similar strategy questions that n00bs ask around here where they don't post hands. POST HANDS. There's no "set" strategy. You gradually learn by osmosis.
Old 05-25-2006, 12:49 AM

OK, this might be 'over redundant' but, I thought the FAQ/stickies were supposed to answer all of this?

I agree with post (although I am a noob, I beleive I follow the advice ajmargerine gives about posting hands).
Closed Thread