Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2006, 07:07 PM

Default The first two streets. Whadda ya think?

6 max. First hand at the table.

Pre flop: two limpers, sb raises, i call with 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in the bb and both limpers call.

Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
SB bets, i raise.

I know we have had alot of call vs raise with a draw type threads lately but i thought this one was interesting. Everyone muck pre flop here? I will be back in a few hours and post the rest or give my thoughts.
Old 06-07-2006, 07:12 PM

Default Re: The first two streets. Whadda ya think?

i played hand similar earlier and made the same mistake of raising.

It's not a raise because this guy isn't betting a hand into us on the flop that he isn't showing down giving us little fe with the second best hand.
Old 06-07-2006, 07:16 PM

i fold it preflop, maybe 78suited i'd call but not 34. as for the flop, sometimes i raise it like you did, and sometimes i call. i disgree with buck i think--villain could be raising such a range of hands preflop, not just ones with aces and kings in them, and a continuation bet is pretty common, so the raise might get him to fold right there or at least buy a free card.

bbb
Old 06-07-2006, 07:19 PM

I like the preflop call.

I'd rather call on the flop because our position sucks and I want to keep everyone in. The worst case scenario if you raise is that the limpers fold and SB 3-bets, and I want to avoid that. Another thing is that for you to win this hand, you pretty much need to hit your straight or flush -- I strongly doubt pairing 3 or 4 will win even if we get a 5 or pocket pair to fold with a raise.
Old 06-07-2006, 07:17 PM

I think thats its likely that SB has hit the flop somehow.

So I think that you are probably drawing with your 12 outs, assuming that your flush draw will be good.

I dont like the flop raise. I would rather call and perhaps keep the limpers in.

Your hand has no showdown value. So I dont want to fold players out who could contribute to my overlay for drawing.

FWIW I think the pf call is a bit marginal, but thats neither here nor there.
Old 06-07-2006, 07:24 PM

I like a call and then a backraise should someone else raise behind you. It seems pretty similar to a hand I posted a while ago where I call-reraised with a pair + flush draw on the flop. Maybe I'll dig it up.

Edit - I had a gutter + FD.
Old 06-07-2006, 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like a call and then a backraise should someone else raise behind you. It seems pretty similar to a hand I posted a while ago where I call-reraised with a pair + flush draw on the flop. Maybe I'll dig it up.

Edit - I had a gutter + FD.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Brad would you take this line with one of the limpers calling or would you need both of them to call in order to do this?
Old 06-07-2006, 07:24 PM

I call most of the time here preflop.

I like just calling here hoping that the limpers come along.
Old 06-07-2006, 07:42 PM

Grunch:

Fold preflop, call flop. Against a typical range for your SB (TT+,ATo+,ATs+,KQs,KQo,KJs) your equity is about 45%. You want to call here to encourage the limpers to come along, since you don't want to play this heads up. Keep the pot multiway and you also increase your chances of getting paid off when you hit.
Old 06-07-2006, 08:18 PM

i think this is a pre-flop fold it's 6-max and getting in with low suited connectors is a big no no, it's unlikely that you'll build a big pot to compensate for the odds and a higher suited connector...

i don't think a raise is bad move, even though buck does have his points, a raise here could potentially buy you some flush outs... but w/e has the flush draw most likely still has odds to continue when you raised, so i don't know if a raise is that effective here... but i don't mind it, but i normally would just call