Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2006, 02:01 PM

Default Got knocked out! Kinda long..advice needed

Last saturday I went to a party that went on from about 1pm till like 3am...needless to say I got extremely wasted, played some tackle football against some big samoan guys which probably started my brain being banged around a little. (I've played contact sports and done MMA since I was a kid, plus 8yrs in the Army, so I'm used to taking some punishment) But the main event took place at about 330am when I was walking home, this chick comes running up to me all freaked out yelling that her boyfriend has been hitting her. So being the nice guy that I am I talk to her, and she seems more wasted that anything else, no signs of being hit. At this time her boyfriend (6'2 180lbs)comes running up and starts giving me crap for talking to his girl, he definitely seemed like the type of guy who gets insecure and hits a chick once in a while to feel good about himself. When I asked him what happened he said the girl had been doing drugs and is just freaking out. Anyway, while I love to fight, I don't like to do it out on the street much less when I'm too drunk to even walk. So while I'm trying to just make sure that the girl is ok with being left behind with the dude, at which point a car pulls up and 3 dudes jump out and start charging towards us. 2 of them medium sized and one big guy about 6'4 230lbs. So I take a few steps back, because I was standing between 2 parked cars, so that I wouldn't be trapped and I just wanted to see who they were to this couple, if they were friend with the guy or the girl.

Didn't take me long to find out since as soon as the boyfriend saw his buddies he tried to rush me, which I answered with a little jab to the throat, enough to drop him to his knees and gasp for air. Knowing that i'm no Chuck Norris and can't take on four decent sized guys by myself I turned to run back to the party which was only about 1block away. However, my escape didn't really worked as the big guy jumped me from behind and put a good chokehold on me. This guy knew what he was doing, he was in deep quick, and had his hooks in. Unfortunately for him this was on the street and there's no sense of sportsmanship so I grabbed his ear and used it as leverage to push my thumb as deep into his eye as I could, which got him to let go. (and I had a good grip as I found some flesh under my nails the next day) At this point one of the smaller guys rush in but he obviously didn't know what he was doing as his arms were to his side and chin exposed...I gave him my left elbow right on the nose and a right hook which knocked him out before he hit the ground.

Seeing the small guy hit the ground face first is the last thing I remember. Don't remember anyone coming up..just remember a taxi driver trying to help me come to. Once I was back I tried to stand up but just kept falling back down. Anyway according to the cabbie who said he saw most of the fight, one guy hit me in the back of the head from behind which pretty much did me in...and apparently the bastards still kept kicking me while I was out on the ground.

The cabbie drove me home for free, and I passed out there, but not before taking a piss on my carpet. Next day I just felt tired and didn't really leave the bed, exept for shower, toilet and food. But no hangover or headache except being sore (mostly from football). Now given my background I've been knocked out a few times and have had plenty of concussions, but symptoms never lasted more that a day or two. However, this happened almost a week ago and I still get dizzy when I get up of lying down, and the room spins for about 10 seconds everytime I lie down. Other than that no symptoms to speak of, I ride my bike just fine, and have been surfing this week, so my balance is good. So should I be worried about the dizzyness and get a catscan, or will this wear off?
Old 08-04-2006, 02:04 PM

Default Re: Got knocked out! Kinda long..advice needed

Yeah definitely post here instead of seeing a doctor. Good idea.

Go to the doctor.

Also, this story would be better with some roundhouse kicks.

NT
Old 08-04-2006, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Go to the doctor.

Also, this story would be better with some roundhouse kicks.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

If I would've been sober I might have thrown in some fancy crap like that...but I could hardly walk my drunk ass home let alone throw kicks.

do you have insurance? I'd have been at the doctor the next day. go ASAP, in my opinion.

by the way, anyone who hits their girlfriend should burn in a fiery [censored] hell where they get ass raped by Bubba the porcupine-dicked demon
Old 08-04-2006, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
do you have insurance? I'd have been at the doctor the next day. go ASAP, in my opinion.

by the way, anyone who hits their girlfriend should burn in a fiery [censored] hell where they get ass raped by Bubba the porcupine-dicked demon

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i got insurance..but hate doctors and usually i just like to see if can recover by myself...but i'm not sure as to how long concussion symptoms can last?

and usually I say that same thing about chicks getting hit, but when I explained to the cabby how the whole thing started he said she was cheering the guys on when they were kicking me while I was down...apparently she threw in some racial slurs which made it obvious she wasn't cheering me on.
Old 08-04-2006, 02:11 PM

Definitely go see a doctor.
And what kind of person cheers on people kicking someone who's knocked out? You should have given the cabbie a little sweet chin after he told you that.
Where the hell do you live?
Old 08-04-2006, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And what kind of person cheers on people kicking someone who's knocked out? You should have given the cabbie a little sweet chin after he told you that.

[/ QUOTE ]

mmm...a little sweet chin?...don't know what that means but the cabby was a guy...and i'm a guy so the sweet chin idea sounds a little suspect??
Old 08-04-2006, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

mmm...a little sweet chin?...don't know what that means but the cabby was a guy...and i'm a guy so the sweet chin idea sounds a little suspect??

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean you should have slugged him too. That's pretty [censored] up cheering on the jumpers instead of the jumpee
Old 08-04-2006, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And what kind of person cheers on people kicking someone who's knocked out? You should have given the cabbie a little sweet chin [music?] after he told you that.

[/ QUOTE ]