Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2007, 05:09 PM

Default OOT - be gentle...

I met a pretty hot Brazilian chick on the street today when she asked directions to the bank. I ended up giving her a ride the 6 blocks. I feel ok about some possibilities here for the following reasons:

a) She's new in town, so may want someone to show her around or just someone to know.

b) She rode in my 2007 FJ cruiser and badass stereo/Nav system. Not sure if she noticed the latter. But I think women are generally hardwired to size up stuff like that.

c) She's Brazilian, may need a visa. She is taking her pharmacy exam or something though, so I have a feeling she's ok in that department. Also she's smart and well-learned, so that is cool.

d) She was hot but not devastating. Definitely out of my league, but not like 5 levels out.

e) I managed to make a joke about US vs. Brazil electrical plugs that she laughed at. Shows I'm international and funny.

f) We managed to establish that she runs every day and I am doing my boot camp thing on the beach. At least it shows I'm trying to no be a fat POS. Obviously that's not going to make a huge difference if she's not into me. But I figure if she's on the fence, maybe it would be just enough to tip the scales in my favor.

g) She's not American. This seems to be some kind of base requirement for women to like me.

So... I ended up writing my phone number and email on a piece of paper and giving it to her. I was pretty proud of myself for at least being that forward. I really suck at this stuff. It just felt like asking for her # would be a little too invasive for someone I'd only known for 45 seconds or so. Sound ok?

Anyone think I have a chance in hell? Is giving her my # just guaranteed to fail? Should I have been more aggressive and asked for hers? What would Mystery do? (Paging Yugo 5... 4... 3... 2... )

Fairly representative picture of me. Although maybe in a little better shape now.

Ok, I searched the crap out of Google images to try to find a representative woman. This woman is probably a little hotter than my woman, but not by a lot. Maybe + .5. Unlike this girl, my woman had very little indigineous Indian in her though. Darkish skin, but mostly European-looking. She seemed late 20s-30. I'm 38, but don't look quite that old.

The really weird thing about all this is on page 12 of the google image search for "Brazil woman", up pops curtains' sister:

http://images.google.com/images?q=brazil...rt=198&sa=N

Old 08-06-2007, 05:11 PM

Default Re: OOT - be gentle...

[ QUOTE ]

e) I managed to make a joke about US vs. Brazil electrical plugs that she laughed at. Shows I'm international and funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

Details pls.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:14 PM

I think you probably blew it by giving her your number instead of getting hers. It's not like she's more likely to call some guy she's only known for a couple minutes than it is she'll let said guy call her and then only see him again if she feels like it.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you probably blew it by giving her your number instead of getting hers.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-06-2007, 10:57 PM

garcia,

BIG chink in the armor.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
garcia,

BIG chink in the armor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?
Old 08-06-2007, 11:05 PM

I have a feeling that OP is headed here:

http://community.livejournal.com/bad_sex/
Old 08-06-2007, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Details pls.

[/ QUOTE ]

She was looking for an adapter for her hair dryer with a Brazilian plug. I said something to the effect of "oh you mean the wrong kind of plug" but wittier than that I swear, I just can't remember. She said something like "yeah your plugs are right and the rest of the world is wrong" in a very light joking way and I said "yeah" and we had a little laugh. It was very upbeat.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:19 PM

Holy cow
Old 08-06-2007, 05:12 PM

this thread gets a 10/10 for bizarre