Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2007, 10:47 PM

Default 100NL 3way reraised pot with QQ on wet board

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($120.30)
Hero ($96.50)
Button ($176.95)
SB ($118.95)
BB ($91.80)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $14</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls $13, UTG calls $10.

Flop: ($42.50) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $16</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero</font>

Villain is a nitty TAG who plays kinda weird. He donkbets flops all the time which means his aggresion factor is incredibly high. OVer like 550 hands in my database, I have him at 14.2/10.5/20. Ya, 20. In raised pots his donkbets are often some pretty weak holding, and I [censored] him up a lot in position. I don't really have a clue what it means here though.

The other guy in the hand is kinda your standard fish. He's like 30/10/1 and doesn't really spew too much ever,but definitely has some pretty big leaks. His coldcall range out of the blinds is probably a lot of pocket pairs and may also contain AA and KK.

This spot froze me pretty hard, I can literally see arguments for either call, raise, or fold. What it do?
Old 05-10-2007, 12:02 AM

Default Re: 100NL 3way reraised pot with QQ on wet board

Throw me a bone here, fellas.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:03 AM

catch
Old 05-10-2007, 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
catch

[/ QUOTE ]
thanks for that, smartass roommate. hu for rent???
Old 05-10-2007, 12:15 AM

uh.. you owe me about $500 for rent, let's start with that...
Old 05-10-2007, 12:59 AM

Wow all options suck. I'm trying to think of what worse hands a 30/10 is coldcalling from the blinds here. I think TT/JJ/KK/AA are the most likely - and we have a nit raising UTG, calling a 3bet, and leading the flop (even if he does this with weakness sometimes, I think we can narrow his range down pretty good based on pf). With that said, I figure one of these guys has you blasted.

Maybe I'm underestimating just how out of line the nit gets with his flop donks, but I have a hard time believing you're ever ahead on the flop.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:06 AM

I think pot is too big to fold an overpair and there are too many turn cards that suck, ergo shove.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:36 AM

I think i'd put in a small raise to like ~$35, if we're ahead I can't see it being by much and I want to see a SD as cheaply as possible and i'm folding to a shove.

Hope the raise folds out BB and makes UTG check the turn.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think i'd put in a small raise to like ~$35, if we're ahead I can't see it being by much and I want to see a SD as cheaply as possible and i'm folding to a shove.

Hope the raise folds out BB and makes UTG check the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no way you can put in half your stack here and then fold to a shove, no way. If we're raising here we're committed to the hand 100%.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There's no way you can put in half your stack here and then fold to a shove, no way. If we're raising here we're committed to the hand 100%.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why are we committed? What is villain's range when he 3-bets? I think it's something like TT+, AhKh, KhQh, and maybe AhJh. Hero does not have odds to call against that range, even after putting in half his stack. I don't think raising commits us at all, especially if we make a small raise.

As for what is actually the best play, I'm a little torn. It's hard to put villain on a range and I don't think his donking range is going to be as loose in a 3-bet pot as in a raised pot. Still, I think something like this could be reasonable:
77,TT,JJ, AhKh, KQs, AA-QQ (discounted, I don't think he donks those as much). This range basically crushes us, so I like to fold.

Even though villain might donk a lot, I don't think you can compare this situation. A 3-bet pot with a coldcalling station involved is a lot different than a headsup battle against a TAG (hero) that villain thinks is too loose. His bet is strange and random, but I think nittish villains know better than to screw around bluffing into two players in an unraised pot. He is milking something - don't fall for it. This was a bad flop for hero's hand - I'm sorry that QQ doesn't always win.