Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2007, 06:38 AM

Default Ann Coulter claims John Edwards is gay

Well, not in such terms exactly.

The famous columnist made her comment in Washington during an address to the 34th annual meeting of the Conservative Political Action Conference, during which she gave her opinions about the Democrats' slate of presidential hopefuls.

[ QUOTE ]
"I was going to have a few comments on the other Democratic presidential candidate, John Edwards, but it turns out that you have to go into rehab if you use the word 'faggot', so I'm - so, kind of at an impasse, can't really talk about Edwards, so I think I'll just conclude here and take your questions."

[/ QUOTE ]

Her comments were reportedly followed by applause.

CNN

Old 03-05-2007, 06:56 AM

Default Re: Ann Coulter claims John Edwards is gay

I have been involved in a great deal of discussion about this on other forums (MYDD.) I am hoping this will finally prove to everyone on both sides of the isle that she is comepletely out of her head and can't really be considered a serious political pundit at this point. THan again people still listen to good ole' Rush so who knows.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
can't really be considered a serious political pundit

[/ QUOTE ]

wow
Old 03-05-2007, 09:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow

[/ QUOTE ]

How could she have ever been taken seriously? The bulk of of her work reads like heavy-handed satire with the right as the butt of the joke.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow

[/ QUOTE ]

How could she have ever been taken seriously? The bulk of of her work reads like heavy-handed satire with the right as the butt of the joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because there is a section of the population that agrees with her, making her a potential focal point of political power. Someone like Bush doesn't have to say the things that Coulter says to get her listeners' votes, he just has to have Coulter's endoresment allowing him the support of the far right while saying things that are closer to the middle. People like this effect politics in more subtle ways despite their radical positions.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Wouldn't that be awesome if actually she's basically a Colbert that had the idea years before him and no one got the joke?
Old 03-05-2007, 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Wouldn't that be awesome if actually she's basically a Colbert that had the idea years before him and no one got the joke?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been saying she's exactly that for a long time now.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:22 PM

Default Wishful Thinking vs Realty

[ QUOTE ]
am hoping this will finally prove to everyone on both sides of the isle that she (Ann Coulter) is comepletely out of her head and can't really be considered a serious political pundit

[/ QUOTE ]
This is wishful thinking on your part.
You are choosing emotion over facts and reason. Lets look at the facts.
1. Ann Couter has written five books. Each of these five books appeared on the New York Times Best Seller List. Five out of five books. Does this not mean anything to you? There are writers that would kill just to make the New York Times Best Seller List ONCE. This alone proves her pundit prowless.

2. She has been on TV numerous times. Far more than I can count. One of her more memorable TV appearances was when she told Katie Couric she was the "affable Eva Braun of morning TV". TV shows love having Ann on TV. She knows how to attract an audience. Both of people that love her and hate her.

3. She appears on talk radio countless times.
With audiences up to 20 million listeners, Ann Coulter gets plenty of exposure in this media.

4. She is in constant demand on the US lecture circuit(69).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ann_Coulter

Hmmmm.....so best selling books, TV appearance, radio appearances, sydicated columnist, and the US lecture circuit. She knows how to attract an audience. And she does NOT do this by telling jokes.

Your wishful thoughts don't match realty. Ann Coulter is an iconoclast (a smasher of liberal idols). Where some conservatives choose to disagree respectfully, Ann uses mockery and satire. Some conservatives wish she would take a more tactful approach. Not me. There are plenty of tactful conservatives....and we don't need another one. It is nice to have a conservative verbal bomb thrower to lampoon the folly of liberals. Oh....an does anyone want to bet that her 6th book will make the New York Times Best Seller List? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-05-2007, 12:43 PM

Default Re: Wishful Thinking vs Realty

The funniest thing about her is she thinks she's hot.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:44 PM

Default Re: Wishful Thinking vs Realty

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
am hoping this will finally prove to everyone on both sides of the isle that she (Ann Coulter) is comepletely out of her head and can't really be considered a serious political pundit

[/ QUOTE ]
This is wishful thinking on your part.
You are choosing emotion over facts and reason. Lets look at the facts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lets. In her latest book, it is my understanding that Ms. Coulter rejects the theory of evolution while writing favorably about mystical, pseudoscientific nonsense. (Correct me if I'm mistaken.) This places her squarely in the flat-Earthers-tin-foil-hat crowd. I'm not sure whether she is looney tunes or just plain dumb. (Probably some of both.)

I'm all for bashing liberals with sarcastic derision. You are, unfortunately, correct that Ms. Coulter commands a large following. This only serves to prove that the conservatives are just as intellectually bankrupt as the liberals.