Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2006, 12:31 PM

Default Looking for a bizarro A-plus

My days of grinding 4-6 tables of low limit MTTs are finally coming to an end. My financial situation is changing to the point where I can finally start building a bankroll rather than cashing out everything I win.

So, I am taking some advice Locutus gave me a while back, and I will be back to playing a few larger buy-in MTTs a week. Hopefully the same for cash games, no more playing a ton of low limit tables, but fewer higher limit tables.

I am looking for someone interested in an informal quasi-coaching arrangement.
Not really a coaching situation, but more of an exchange of services.

I have a few poker studies / tools that I am planning to start working on. All math stuff. Some game theory work on blind defense and steals/resteals. I have quite a few things that I have been planning for a while, but never had the time to work on.

I am looking for someone who is interested in either:
- learning about poker math / game theory
- Just wants the results of my work
- Wants to work with me on the stuff.

In exchange, I want someone who is can help me
- Play deep stack poker (cash or MTT)
- Develop reads
- Think through hands in general

Nothing very serious or formal. I was envisioning, every week or 2, someone could review 1-2 PXF videos of my play, and comment on them. In return, you get to pick my brain on anything math related, and get sent the full versions of all of the tools / charts I build along the way.

So, anyone interested, respond or PM me.

**Also, I will be posting the results of anything I do on the forum, of course. The person reviewing my HHs will just get a more in depth version, or customized version, whatever. I just think this way would be more efficient than just posting a HH and asking for a review.
Old 09-13-2006, 01:06 PM

Default Re: Looking for a bizarro A-plus

I don't think a bizarro a-plus would be interested in poker math/game theory, heh.

anyway, I'd be up for it, but I'm not that good at deep stack poker (still learning myself, just started playing some cash games this past couple weeks). if you're interested, let me know. I've always liked your forum posts.
Old 09-13-2006, 02:36 PM

I'm always willing to help pretty much anyone who hasn't pissed me off. I could def use some charts to track my play better but I lost my reg code for excell once I deleted it.
Old 09-13-2006, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think a bizarro a-plus would be interested in poker math/game theory, heh.

anyway, I'd be up for it, but I'm not that good at deep stack poker (still learning myself, just started playing some cash games this past couple weeks). if you're interested, let me know. I've always liked your forum posts.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-13-2006, 07:32 PM

Awesome! I think I could learn a lot from all 3 of you, hopefully I can help you as well. I prefer a few people, so it wont be to much of a burden for anyone.

I will PM you guys tomorrow or so
Old 09-13-2006, 08:03 PM

I'm intrigued.

I don't play nearly as well as I can think about poker, at times. I suppose on some level I'm more interested in the theory aspects than the financial aspects, at least at this stage in my own development.

Have spent most of the summer cramming on the forums and playing microlimits. Planning to devote myself to learn far more than I have been, and will be playing low buy-ins and SSNL.

I'm not certain why this is, but I find I'm in my element in non-HE games, rather than pure HE/NLHE.

Maths could use shoring up, especially in stealing/restealing situations. Time's a commodity I do have, so just wanted to say I was interested and I do have the time.
Old 09-13-2006, 09:36 PM

Dear Tom,
I will not help you. The reasons for my lack of interest are many, mainly stemming for transgressions we have had participating in fantasy baseball and football. I wish you only heartache and bad beats in your quest to play higher buyin tournies [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
~Justin

P.S. I am usually down to stuff like this so PM me.
Old 09-13-2006, 09:46 PM

I will help you young skywalker.
Old 09-13-2006, 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]