Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2006, 11:14 PM

Default UFC UFN Thread

I know there was a UFC thread earlier this week, but I wanted to start one dedicated to Tuesday's UFC fight night. Perf, lock this one if you had plans to use an old thread for the fight night.

I'm new to UFC and MMA so all my bets are .2 unit bets. This is my first time betting on UFC so I have no history.

I took the following:

Tito -777 vs Shamrock
Josh Haynes -121 vs Rory Singer

I'm also eyeing Thiago Alves +128 vs John Allesio

Swope and Perf...I would appreciate your thoughts on all fights.
Old 10-08-2006, 11:28 PM

Default Re: UFC UFN Thread

New thread is fine.

As I recommended in the old one: max bet on Ortiz at anything under -2000.

With the -777 line and max of $2000 that's a lot. But its very much worth it. Free, free, free money. Ortiz wins this fight at least nine out of ten times (-900) and I'd actually handicap it at -1900 (95% win rate).

Rest of the card nothing really stands out. Hamil is probably worth a unit or two at under -250, but Seth Petruzelli is no slouch. Unfortunately we haven't seen Hamil that much but he's such a strong wrestler.

For me, i'm wrapping up everything on Ortiz and won't bother with the rest of the card. 99.999 confidence level is too juicy to pass up, even at -777.

Old 10-09-2006, 04:12 PM

ed herman & nate marquart.

allllllllllllllllll day.
Old 10-09-2006, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

ed herman & nate marquart.

allllllllllllllllll day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any reason for Herman? Cause I'll take Macdonald alllllll day at these odds. The calibre of competition these two have faced isn't even close...Macdonald has faced way tougher compet and he was beating Cote until he got subbed in the 5th round. A lot of the people who've followed Macdonald progress as a fighter up in Canada say he's going to run through Herman. Herman hasn't been impressive to me...he's got good wrestling that's about it...

http://www.mmaringreport.com/index.p...&Itemid=86
Old 10-09-2006, 08:43 PM

a few reasons:

-this is the ultimate takedown championships, and im pretty confident that herman can put macdonald on his back while staying out of trouble often enough to get a points win.

-statistically, TUF peeps have an excellent record with their first UFN appearances.

-zuffa is looking to build herman up, not derail its investment. despite Godless Canuck Propoganda to the opposite, i do believe that macdonald is essentially a sacrificial lamb, albeit a dangerous one, and would be suprised not only in his aptitude if he wins, but also of zuffa's stupidity in overestimating herman's abilities with his first real public fight for zuffa.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cause I'll take Macdonald alllllll day at these odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

massive respect.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:13 PM

I'm laying off this card entirely. I don't see anything I like. Shamrock is really in big trouble this fight. However, I always hate laying really big odds in MMA. A fluke knee could open a big gash in Tito's head causing a stoppage. It's remote but enough to scare off the weak of heart (me)..

- Mac
Old 10-10-2006, 05:27 PM

I can't argue. I'm laying off entirely except for Ortiz.

Just posted picks above because I had a bit of time to do some very preliminary research and its always worth tracking my picks even if i'm not betting on them here...
Old 10-10-2006, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Just posted picks above because I had a bit of time to do some very preliminary research and its always worth tracking my picks even if i'm not betting on them here...

[/ QUOTE ]

please keep doing so, I love checking out your analysis.

- Mac
Old 10-10-2006, 06:14 PM

On pinnacle last night at around 1130 the line was at -831 and when I woke up this morning it was at -876. I saw it at -1100 like 3 days ago and it dropped to -771 and has been moving up ever since. By the way, can someone please post sort of a live update for this fight on here. I do not get spike tv in my area and cant watch. Unless you know another way.