Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2007, 06:23 PM

Default Omaha theory

How many outs would make a hand worth raising in position if you did not hit a pair?
Old 10-17-2007, 06:37 PM

Default Re: Omaha theory

Old 10-17-2007, 06:42 PM

so you would never raise a draw?
Old 10-17-2007, 06:54 PM

Outs is unimportant here, relative to how you perceive your implied odds and your fold equity; I would much rather raise with an 8-outer when I think I get a fold frequently then with a 18-outer where I think my opponent is strong.

it's important to remember that playing big draws fast can be a great way to turn a very profitable situation into a coin toss.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Outs is unimportant here, relative to how you perceive your implied odds and your fold equity; I would much rather raise with an 8-outer when I think I get a fold frequently then with a 18-outer where I think my opponent is strong.

it's important to remember that playing big draws fast can be a great way to turn a very profitable situation into a coin toss.

[/ QUOTE ]
If i've got an 18 outer on the flop, I should be raising for value. Don't care if opponent is strong or not.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If i've got an 18 outer on the flop, I should be raising for value. Don't care if opponent is strong or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

you seem to have missed cmyr's point. raising an 18 outer for value is clearly always profitable, but just calling is sometimes much more so.

edit: the same can be said for hands like top set.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:54 AM

i wish there was a lot more discussion here about "omaha theory" although i think that is unlikely.

to answer your question, i would say that you should consider just floating with any hand against a lot of opponents with between 0-22 outs because most often you do have fewer outs than you can represent but yet you are still able to win a lot of pots post-turn. you want to have the goods as much as possible so as to be able to win the pot the highest percentage of the time.

this explanation is shoddy as hell - plz flame.