Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 12:46 AM

Default PokerStars 16-60 SNGs

Anybody else notice that the 16s, 27s, and 60s turbos on Stars seem a lot tougher (per Sharkscope stats) lately? I am not seeing nearly as many of the jumping fish, even at the 16s (maybe 1 per table if I am lucky), and I am seeing 3-6 players with 2,000+ tournys and 12%+ ROIs. I would have guessed that the whole Netteller fiasco would have taken longer to affect the games.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:04 AM

Default Re: PokerStars 16-60 SNGs

it is a widely observed and known fact that the stars SNGs are becoming increasingly difficult. that said, they are still profitable if youre good.

why would you expect netellers fiasco to take longer? when people (namey random dumb americans) turn on the news and see that the 2 founders of the company that they use to put money online to gamble with have been arrested for facilitating their gambling transfers, id fully expect the average ignorant person to get scared shitless and take all of their money offline and never play again. frankly im ecstatic that this is not the case, and i hope it continues even as it is now.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:12 AM

My frame of reference was within the past week. I thought it would take longer because, from what I read, nobody can get money out of Stars at the moment and I thought it would take longer for the weak players to need to replenish their account. Personally, I basically break even such that I (hopefully) will not need to deposit or withdraw anytime soon, though the games do seem a bit tougher since the Netteller news.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:01 AM

I guess we`re all praying, that poker will have a big boom in asia fish plenty of new fish...AND that the poker sites come together and start a campaign together against this [censored] law...
but right now you have to be good to win money. Its not as easy as it was...
Old 01-24-2007, 04:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
when people (namey random dumb americans) turn on the news and see that the 2 founders of the company that they use to put money online to gamble with have been arrested for facilitating their gambling transfers, id fully expect the average ignorant person to get scared shitless and take all of their money offline and never play again.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know what news you are watching, but outside of 2+2 the neteller pullout is not a story.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:19 AM

Every player on stars is informed, so its not only 2+2.
Of course we worry here, because our money is on the way to leave [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

But every "fish" pretty much knows about neteller, since its the main way to get money in to a site. So i guess AMT is right...
Old 01-24-2007, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
when people (namey random dumb americans) turn on the news and see that the 2 founders of the company that they use to put money online to gamble with have been arrested for facilitating their gambling transfers, id fully expect the average ignorant person to get scared shitless and take all of their money offline and never play again.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know what news you are watching, but outside of 2+2 the neteller pullout is not a story.

[/ QUOTE ]

it was in the paper (my mom called me), and on stars (my friends called me). thats enough to instill fear in the people who dont play this game seriously i would think.

this helps sooth the pain for today
Old 01-24-2007, 06:24 AM

Agree with the posters above in general but feel it depends what time of day you are playing and how patient you are...

- There are times when I log on and see each SNG having 3 or 4 'known' faces already registed.
- 15 minutes later and it is just 1 or 2...

Since your ROI comes from the bad players I have started to be more selective here... wait for the winners to load their 12 tables and then jump in - it is not always possible to do but that 10 minute wait can positively affect your expected returns.

There are some interesting discussions elsewhere on learning to beat better players. While this has its merits I am of the opinion that avoiding good players is far better for your bankroll!!

Cheers, Mark
Check out my Blog!
Old 01-24-2007, 07:52 AM

Nobody is playing solidy at 16s and 27s. A lot of the "known faces" are exploitable.
Out of all the millions of regular players in those games there are a total of 2 that I avoid and they both post on this forum.
imho anyway its a bit disrespectful if a known good 2+2er has a load of games registering to jump into all of them, just wait your turn and it's better for all of us.
Old 01-24-2007, 08:21 AM

Yeah sorry about that the other day Dale, I didn't recognise you.
Closed Thread