Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2006, 12:57 PM

Default So, I\'m away for a week and you all mix up...

...your vitamins with your dumbvuck pills? WTF? A couple of notable examples are in order.

Crdshrk6 (if that is your real name): this is a strategy forum. Making posts that say that we're all wrong and you're a better poker player because you "play by feel" isn't a useful contribution to the forum.

Shadow: what can I say? When I was your age I shared your disdain for the current contributions of the previous generation, but never, ever trod upon their prior contributions. If you honestly believe that your generation would have created computers, fast cars, rock and roll and cheap booze...in a Puritanical society, possibly speaking German, Dutch, Spanish or French, depending...out of thin air, then there's not much point in trying to change your opinion. If you're just drunk and running your mouth, I'll point out that at least most of my generation wasn't stupid enough to put their drunkern brain-barf in writing for the ages (certain notable exceptions to the contrary, and the fact that we generally didn't have the means [somewhere Hunter Thompson is laughing at me], notwithstanding). But, I forgot, poker is going to support you in the manner to which you have become accustomed until you're, uh, well, older? You'll certainly never have to be in charge of anything larger or more important than yourself.

"Welcome back, Boz...I've missed you."

"Thanks, Micros."
Old 12-28-2006, 01:35 PM

Default Re: So, I\'m away for a week and you all mix up...

Can you put a beatdown on the people who're sticking PL and NL hands up in here?

Thanks, yo.
Old 12-28-2006, 01:57 PM

I've already made a ruling on Shadow's posts. He's a misunderstood genius, like Michael Richards.
Old 12-28-2006, 03:12 PM

boz (if that is your real name),

i will preface this response with a comment that i am, indeed, sober this afternoon.

so glad to have you back! how was your hip replacement surgery? i trust all went well. for the future, however, you should definitely consider www.lifealert.com. Dr. C. Everett Koop recommends it and wears one too!

i reject your premise, however. there are no contributions of the previous generation. all they do is suck up my tax dollars with frivolous entitlement programs. we should simply institute an age cap of thirty in this country. once you hit thirty, you are euthanized, like a dog who can still live, but whose arthritis and blindness make things almost unbearable. similarly, life after thirty seems horrifying. things y'all do just seem so cold: getting married, driving a mini-van, changing diapers, taking kids to pre-school. jesus christ! i think sartre had it wrong. hell is older people.

and please, there is no conditional tense here. my generation created copmuters, fast casrs, rock and roll and cheap booze! these things are all contributions solely provided by captains of their fates under thirty. these masters of destiny shape the world in their image. they are our supermen!

there are, admittedly, exceptions to the old people suck rule. notably, those courageous exemplars such as hst and charles bukowski who had the BALLS to transcribe their most bibulous moments. only when you're drunk can you see who you REALLY are. alcohol allows for careful introspection and moments of veracity not attainable otherwise. sadly, old people have lost sight of this spiritual experience.

now, i'm not trying to cause a big sensation here, i just want to live with my generation in peace.

quit trying to put me down, man.

holla!
Old 12-28-2006, 04:19 PM

I support shadow because he's frequently

talkin' 'bout my gen-e-ration.

that, and I'm glad that shadow has been taking in the works cinematic works of Michael York.
Old 12-28-2006, 04:33 PM

that some weired re-synced Tracy Chapman line there?
Old 12-28-2006, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
quit trying to put me down, man.

[/ QUOTE ]

fwiw, you've got this backwards. I'm the one being called inconsequential.
Old 12-28-2006, 06:45 PM

jesus,

i've had enough of this trolling.

you think me quoting a 41-year old Pete Townshend lyric and and adpoting ideas from a 30+ year old movie would give you a clue that i'm not taking this thing seriously.

also, the un-original thinking is PART OF THE JOKE.

also, i don't need a reason or a justification to get [censored]-faced and write.

i've got a lot of brilliant stuff written, in case you care.

i'm disappointed that you took my jokes this seriously.

lame.
Old 12-28-2006, 05:32 PM

i'm sad that i'm the only one who got The Who overtones to all of shadow's comments.

That and "Logan's Run".

I'll be over here crying.
Old 12-28-2006, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm sad that i'm the only one who got The Who overtones to all of shadow's comments.

That and "Logan's Run".

I'll be over here crying.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not. Of course, Shadow recognizes neither of those things as relevant.

Shadow, if you separate the individual from the accomplishment (crediting development and progress to "youth" rather than to the intellect) then how can you, personally, be a genius? Just curious. As to the rest, I expect far more original thinking from you; however, since nothing that came before you is relevant I suppose you're not really regurgitating 60's-era philosophy, you're just reinventing the "wheel" (in this case, a justification for getting [censored]-faced and writing). Another thing you'll learn as you get older is to not waste your energy in quixotic pursuits.

Iggy, blah. Michael Richards's outburst was an accident. What was that Tom Hanks/Sally Field movie? Yeah, "Punchline". (Had to look it up on IMDB...my memory isn't what it once was.) MR was more like Hanks's meltdown in that movie. I don't think Shadow believes anything he says, he's just trolling.

And, Boz is my real name. Good to be back.

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]