Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2006, 12:46 PM

Default What has party done to 2/4?!

I know this post might fit better in the internet gambling forum, but I assumed it would actually be seen by the right people here. Anyone know why party has made almost all the 2/4 tables into Monster tables? What are the other 2/4 players out there planning to do? I'm almost ready to play 3/6 BR wise so I might just move up.. or I could go down to 1/2 to build up my BR a little more. Either way I'm assuming that the extra rake at Monster tables makes them not worthwhile and that the few tables that aren't Monster tables at 2/4 have all the people I don't want to play against... but I could be wrong about both of those assumptions.
Old 07-25-2006, 01:05 PM

Default Re: What has party done to 2/4?!

what the hell is a monster table...
Old 07-25-2006, 01:10 PM

this is not necessarilly true. the jackpot tables offer more than just a jackpot, the offer BY FAR, the worst players on the internet. the new "monster" tables do suck tho, its a huge promotion thats not really going to benefit many
Old 07-25-2006, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the new "monster" tables do suck tho, its a huge promotion thats not really going to benefit many

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. All those shots at "free" big money are going to bring out the worst of the worst to those tables. Tough to say if that will make up for the extra .50 rake vs. normal 2/4 tables, but time will tell.
Old 07-25-2006, 01:19 PM

Come over to Stars, swim with fish like me!
Old 07-25-2006, 01:24 PM

For those who aren't aware of the monster thing yet:
http://www.partypoker.com/monster/qu...s/badbeat.html
Old 07-25-2006, 01:25 PM

youve got it all wrong... the jackpot tables were already doing that. now, instead of jamming the monster tables with stupid fish, aaaall the regular players are being forced over there. this means that i have to pay the extra .5, and get a table exactly like a normal 2/4 its a definate loss.
Old 07-25-2006, 01:33 PM

I guess I'll just put in some hands on the monster tables and see if the difference in play makes up for the extra rake. I see that now a bunch of the 3/6 tables are monster tables as well (I'm only looking at FR tables). If party plans to leave the setup as is I can only assume that they have gone insane. If the tables don't get juicer than I might have to finally give up on my infatuation with party.
Old 07-25-2006, 01:45 PM

Party just found a new cheap trick to increase the rake....
Old 07-25-2006, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
youve got it all wrong... the jackpot tables were already doing that. now, instead of jamming the monster tables with stupid fish, aaaall the regular players are being forced over there. this means that i have to pay the extra .5, and get a table exactly like a normal 2/4 its a definate loss.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now, yes. I'm thinking days, weeks, and months from now, when word gets out to all the gambl00rs that party is "giving away" millions and all you have to do is play at a regular table there to qualify. Hell, you don't even have to be at the table where the jackpot is hit, just at any table of that limit.

I think that as time goes by, this will have desired effects of both increasing their player base (for party) and lowering the overall quality of play on their tables (for us). But maybe I'm just an optimist. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

EDIT: I'm still not sure if that's going to make up for the extra rake on the 2/4 tables, though. But at higher limits I think it's a win/win.