Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2006, 04:31 AM

Default Official Census, Stars new Supernova. Good or bad.

This will be the thread stars will look at to determine the responce to their new released program for novas and nova elites. So I am asking everyone who cares, to read up on their new program, do some reasearch on your own and decide whether or not you like the new program.

Lets keep the posts short and list only whether this will likely make you play more or less on stars.
Old 12-31-2006, 04:34 AM

Default Re: Official Census, Stars new Supernova. Good or bad.

Bad all bad for me. I play about 40-60k hands per month online poker and I will only be playing about 30% of that on stars from now on.

Reasons being.

No rate jump at 200, 300, 400, excettera.

Weekly freerolls are meaningless, I cant play them in the time.
Old 12-31-2006, 04:39 AM

I actually think the regular system is quite good, so anything that goes above and beyond that is gravy as far as I'm concerned.

Good job Stars!
Old 12-31-2006, 04:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I actually think the regular system is quite good, so anything that goes above and beyond that is gravy as far as I'm concerned.

Good job Stars!

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-31-2006, 04:54 AM

Its good if you like un-necessary kick backs and it sucks if you like to complain.
Old 12-31-2006, 02:05 PM

Location: On my knees praying that God shows my opponents His power

[ QUOTE ]

Good job Stars!

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-31-2006, 02:54 PM

Overall I like the program. I have a couple suggestions for improvement.

I am a supernova who will likely reach a few of the milestones but not 1 million. The cash bonuses are a decent incentive, and I will likely make a push to reach whatever milestone I am closest too.

My goal is in fact 500k, but I would be even more inclined to push hard from the outset for 500k or 750k if

- there were an fpp bonus bump somewhere along the line (something like 275% for 300k, 300% for 500k and 350% for 750k)

- there were some sort of live tournament bonus for reaching those levels. In lieu of free seats ala the sn elites (which may be too costly for Stars), I would love to see either a freeroll system for major events with a relatively high percentage of seats per entry that awards more tickets to each level of supernova or a discounted fpp buyin, with better discounts for each level.

I think that since it is in Stars' interest to have more players (and more good players, which, presumably, midlevel novas are) in these events, something like this would be reasonable. A freeroll system would be best, something as simple as seats to PCA/WSOP Double Shootouts or 650s that you you have to use (i.e. can pick when you play them they aren't W$ - you're locked into whatever they are intended for and can't transfer.)

Regardless of any changes to the system, nearly all of my play will be on Stars. I don't have rakeback at FTP and I like Stars' software best. But additional incentives would make it more likely for me to push to reach 500k/750k.

I think those likely to finish around 200-300k would also be more likely to push harder if there were some form of the above incentives for them. Although the bonuses at that stage are nice, they are not significant income to most novas. An increased chance at seats in live events or a slight fpp bonus increase would help encourage them to put in more hours.

Overall, I like the system, but find it, as most do, a bit topheavy. The FPP bonus and tournament seats are a very big incentive to reach sn elite; a lighter version of those incentives along the way would encourage more play from those who know going in they have no chance of reaching 1 million.
Old 12-31-2006, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bad all bad for me. I play about 40-60k hands per month online poker and I will only be playing about 30% of that on stars from now on.

Reasons being.

[/ QUOTE ]So what about it is worse than last year for you?
Old 12-31-2006, 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Reasons being.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your "logic" here - and I'm being pretty generous - really makes me wonder how you can possibly be a winning poker player.

The SuperNova program now gives you at least as much as it more than it did last year, even if you're in the 100k-200k VPP range. There can be no question whatsoever that players above that get more, potentially much, much more than in 2006.

And this is a reason to play less? Because the program is not enough better than in 2006? People have already shown that the value in FPPs alone for a Supernova is as good if not better than any decent-sized site's rakeback. Add in the 200k, 300k, etc. bonuses and it simply blows rakeback out of the water for the volume of play you claim to have. Please note that I'm not even considering the value of the freerolls here.

Then add the fact that PokerStars has twice as many cash game players, or more, than any other site on the planet so you have better game selection as well.

Please post your Stars (or any other site) ID so that I can enjoy seeing your phenomenal power of logic in action at the tables.
Old 12-31-2006, 09:58 PM

onlinepro has already stated several times that he thinks the game-selection on Stars is really lousy.