Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2006, 04:13 AM

Default I don\'t think this fellow is a cheez whiz sort of guy...

Second orbit at the table, lets just say I found a good one [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

SB is 25/5/3 over 250 hands and is relatively straightforward though will occaisionally semibluff.

Button is unknown.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($49.25)
CO ($180.45)
Button ($46)
SB ($49.50)
BB ($98.30)
UTG ($87.30)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $0.50, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($2.50) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: ($2.50) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $2</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $7.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $20</font>, SB folds, Hero? And for what reasons?
Old 05-09-2006, 04:21 AM

Default Re: I don\'t think this fellow is a cheez whiz sort of guy...

Looks like button turned a set or is a sneaky set slow playing bastage.

Call and block river for 1/2 pot UI.

Our hand has good S/D value and I wanna see what the button has. He might be slowplaying AK - he might have a flush draw he might have KK and wants to find out if anyone has an Ace. He might have 67 and thinks his 2pair is the nuts.

We are ahead here I think lots - we still have outs to beat a set of 6's - I'm showing this down as cheaply as possible and would probably even call a river push by button on a non-heart river given stack sizes - it's good for shania I think.
Old 05-09-2006, 04:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks like button turned a set or is a sneaky set slow playing bastage.

Call and block river for 1/2 pot UI. Is it a common situation at NL50?

Our hand has good S/D value and I wanna see what the button has. He might be slowplaying AK - he might have a flush draw he might have KK and wants to find out if anyone has an Ace. He might have 67 and thinks his 2pair is the nuts.

We are ahead here I think lots - we still have outs to beat a set of 6's - I'm showing this down as cheaply as possible and would probably even call a river push by button on a non-heart river given stack sizes - it's good for shania I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

AK and KK OTB in an unraised pot? is it a common situation
in NL50? Do people play their draws that strongly at NL50 that often? FWIW villain can even have straight here, since flop was checked through.
Old 05-09-2006, 04:59 AM

Matrix-

Basically what you're saying is we have absolutely no idea where we're at right now, so you offer a safe line; however, given that we're working with less than 100bb here I think this line is no good.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at stacks on river if I take this line.
Old 05-09-2006, 05:16 AM

I'm folding the turn, I just don't believe our hand is good here.
Old 05-09-2006, 06:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Matrix-

Basically what you're saying is we have absolutely no idea where we're at right now, so you offer a safe line; however, given that we're working with less than 100bb here I think this line is no good.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at stacks on river if I take this line.

[/ QUOTE ]

true - I did look at stacks hence my non heart river comment. If river comes hearts too much in buttons range just zoomed past us unless we fill up - even then we might still be behind. So I think I'd fold then.

I want information - this information will pay off in the long run both in this session and if we ever sit at a table with this button guy again. I don't think our hand is good. I strongly suspect button of being a slowplaying douche - but our hand does have SD value so I wanna see a SD.

We have no idea where we are because Hero has been so passive to date in this hand I think.

I would also say I pull this crap way too often and start a session losing big then spend the next hour fighting back to even so perhaps my line here is bad and I have a leak there.

If we push only better hands will call - if we call button might be scared of a c/r if he hasn't got that great a hand and check the river through.

He has a wide range here and we are a little ahead of a good chunk of it. He might just be some donk who just read the section on "Squeeze Play" in HOH...

The safer line is to fold here and pick a better spot. If button has air he will gain confidence from this hand and no doubt try this [censored] again soon and next time we might have a better hand.
Old 05-09-2006, 05:23 AM

Bet the flop. Button got to the turn for free.

As played, fold. I don't think button would raise a bet and a raise if he limped AJ/AT preflop. A good ace seems even more unlikely, given pf, and of course, the turn action. A weird twopair worse than A7? Nah. If you call you'll probably see T8 or maybe 85s or a set of nines, sixes or sevens.
Old 05-09-2006, 09:56 AM

Fold. The str8 draw hit and there are a number of combos here that would cause him to raise. We're up against an unknown, so this person probably has an 8 or it's possible they tried to slowplay a set and are trying to get out of a scary board by "bluffing" a st8...figuring if they get called they have lots of outs. Honestly...Ax is almost out of the question here. There's not much you can beat here.
Old 05-09-2006, 09:57 AM

Fold
Old 05-09-2006, 11:28 AM

Given that button is an unknown here I think this is an easy fold.

The weakest hand I can see any reasonable player betting this strongly with is A9. I would expect to see T8 or a set here almost every time.

Strong raises on the turn generally indicate quite a bit of strength. Here villain is making a solid raise after it has basically been potted and raised. Unless villain here is an idiot, you are way behind and possibly drawing dead (though I would find this unlikely, but I do see twits limping AA from late position with several limpers in front occassionally).

So basically, pitch a fit however you prefer and fold this and wait for a better spot.