Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2007, 10:39 AM

Default NLCASH - small flush facing massive overbet shove

Haven't played with villain for too long, he's overaggressive, but hasn't done anything like this before. Is this an easy fold?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 2 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

BB: $318.70
Hero (SB): $236.40

Preflop: Hero is dealt 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $6.00</font>, BB calls $4.00

Flop: ($12) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $8.00</font>, BB calls $8.00

Turn: ($28) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($28) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets all-in for $304.70</font>, Hero?
Old 06-19-2007, 11:26 AM

Default Re: NLCASH - small flush facing massive overbet shove

So very close, but I think you can fold and wait for a better spot.

In my experience at small stakes HU, as massive overbet is very much disproportionately the nuts as opposed to a bluff. Very few use it in a balanced ratio.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:35 AM

obv we need to know how he plays his flushdraws. you say he's overaggro, then he would be more likely to check/raise or b/3b flop than c/c.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:17 PM

We hadn't played very many meaningful hands at this point. Maybe 40 hands in all, and none relevant to this hand. He had made a couple large check raises on the flop, but they never got to showdown.

I ended up folding. After the hand, I commented on his weird bet, and he claimed a misclick, and that he had clicked the wrong table. But then he went on to say he had a T, and was asking if that had me, the conversation seemed very fake like he was just trying to feel out what I had laid down. A little while later he made another massive overbet, so I'm pretty confident he was lying about the misclick.

Much later, I busted him for a 400bb pot, when I made a standard raise on the button with AA, and he again overbet shoved for 200bb with QQ.

I agree with you LJ, it seems like this is almost always the nuts. This guy seemed a little donkish, so I figured it could be almost any flush, but even so, there are very few flushes I'm beating.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:24 PM

I think had you a better Read on him this would be any eaiser laydown, IMO. but i would fold here and wait for a better spot like say...ummm pocket aces over pocket queens...im sure he had at least a j hi flush there.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:45 PM

I think I call. I just can't fold this vs an unknown who's overly aggressive. He could possibly be tilting. Also it's rarely correct to make a big laydown when you've underrepresented your hand. Given that you check the behind you could see him for some reason shoving two pair or a set or running some retarded bluff.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:47 PM

he could be very proud of 63 or a set here also, probably not too likely he is OBbluffing here, as it is a ridiculous spot for it.

- i take it you folded. If he was a weak player, obviously its easier to pick a better spot, but its close IMO.