Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2006, 02:21 PM

Default Closest you\'ve come to death?

I got in a car accident 7 years ago. My buddy fell asleep at the wheel, we went off the side of the 10 freeway between Blythe and Indio in CA. I was asleep at the time, the only thing I remember was being awoken by my buddy saying "oh fuuuuuck" I opened my eyes, say the horizon and then woke up at the bottom of the road. The airbag knocked me out. We landed on the underpass 20 feet below and slid into a empty ravine and ended up into a wall of rocks. We probably should have died, the impact was enough to break his rims in half and take 6 foot long chunks out of the asphalt.

I guess I'm lucky... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Anybody else got similar stories about being cheating death?
Old 03-17-2006, 02:23 PM

Default Re: Closest you\'ve come to death?

I didn't send flowers to my wife at work on our anniversary. That was some scary [censored], let me tell you what.
Old 03-17-2006, 02:25 PM

5 years at CWRU. Suicide and homicide were daily threats.
Old 03-17-2006, 02:29 PM

Nothing nearly so dramatic or terrifying as your experience, but when I was young (must have been between 5-8 or so), I was on my Dad's shoulders in the ocean while on vacation in Mexico when he decided it'd be funny if he let a wave take me. I had no idea it was happening, but it must have been about 7 feet high if it took my off his shoulders. All I remember was not having my breath, tumbling around in the wave, only able to see white and blue, and then realizing I was on my knees back on the sand. I ran crying to my mommy. Damn straight.

I probably wouldn't have died, but in the moment I thought I was a goner for sure.
Old 03-17-2006, 02:31 PM

I crop dusted Compton one time.

We did this thread a good while back. Astro wins. I come in second for hitting a deer on a motorcycle. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 03-17-2006, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I come in second for hitting a deer on a motorcycle.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's one talented deer.

was he w/ this guy?

bwana
Old 03-17-2006, 02:32 PM

I once shot heroin with a needle that I had previously used for transfering LSD into seperate vials. This resulted in a hosptial trip.
Old 03-17-2006, 02:39 PM

bacterial meningitis...
Almost decided to "sleep it off" instead of going to the hospital to see why my damn neck was so stiff and I felt like my body was one big ache. I was thoroughly owned by the whole experience but did live. Spinal taps suck.
Old 03-17-2006, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bacterial meningitis...
Almost decided to "sleep it off" instead of going to the hospital to see why my damn neck was so stiff and I felt like my body was one big ache. I was thoroughly owned by the whole experience but did live. Spinal taps suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

goodness. i had viral meningitis when i was around 14. i cant believe you survived bacterial - that stuff is vicious and kills in like a day. the spinal tap didnt bother me because the rest of my body hurt so badly, especially my head.
Old 03-17-2006, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bacterial meningitis...

[/ QUOTE ]

I can quote this word for word and it completely applies to me. I felt close to death, and certainly wanted to be dead, several times. To compound the situation I was misdiagnosed at first and I nearly died. Then once they realized what was going on (it shouldn't have been that hard, there was a [censored] outbreak of it in Minnesota at the time, late 1998) the hospital [censored] up my spinal tap. After I was finally released from the hospital, I started feeling tremendous pain whenever I sat down. They [censored] things up so that whenever I sat down air would rush up my spinal column into my brain and cause tremendous pain. It took three overnights in the hospital for them to figure out what they did. It was a horrific experience.

Then my parents received the bill.