Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2006, 06:42 PM

Default What would you do?

This may be a very childish question, but it has been haunting me for some years...

Imagine you see a very wild pitbull attack some child on the street. You are the only male person within vison. Would you rather try to grab and strangulate the dog to help the kid, risking to be dismembered by the enraged animal, or would you think you couldnīt help anyway due to the superior fighting strength of the beast? Would you run away to call the police? After alot of thought, i came to the conclusion me personally would attack the dog. This may turn out to be not true if i would actually be faced with that situation due to my cowardness however.

In the hope this may be an interisting topic to discuss, and my lack of knowledge about english grammatics wont bother too much,

Sebastian
Old 02-05-2006, 06:43 PM

Default Re: What would you do?

Run up and stab the dog.
Old 02-05-2006, 06:47 PM

Lets say there are no weapons within reach ( Situations like this may be the reason why some people make sure to have a gun and at least two knifes with them [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] )
Old 02-05-2006, 06:50 PM

I'm jumping on the dog. Wrap an arm around his neck, claw at his eyes and hoping he lets go of the kid. I'm probably biting whatever I can get ahold of too.
Old 02-05-2006, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Run up and stab the dog.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I'm jumping on the dog. Wrap an arm around his neck, claw at his eyes and hoping he lets go of the kid. I'm probably biting whatever I can get ahold of too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Youīre all very confident you will be able to defeat a pitbull in a serious fight. I donīt have much experience with that, but i would say those beasts can turn around quite quickly to snap some sensitive parts of your body with their teeth and injure you for life.. have you ever thought of that? I already said in OP that i would do the same btw, but I had to ponder alot harder what to do after i had seen some victims of pitbull attacks in some TV show which had lost their faces / balls...
Old 02-05-2006, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow. Youīre all very confident you will be able to defeat a pitbull in a serious fight. I donīt have much experience with that, but i would say those beasts can turn around quite quickly to snap some sensitive parts of your body with their teeth and injure you for life.. have you ever thought of that? I already said in OP that i would do the same btw, but I had to ponder alot harder what to do after i had seen some victims of pitbull attacks in some TV show which had lost their faces / balls...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not at all confident, but if it's got some kid then getting it to let go and turn on you is the purpose of the exercise. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-06-2006, 04:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
[censored] clawing at him. Rear naked choke it. This keeps it in front of you with a pretty good grip and you can fall to your back and wrap your legs around his body to keep him in one place. Hold till the dog passes out and then stomp its head in. Get the child some medical treatment.
Old 02-06-2006, 10:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[censored] clawing at him. Rear naked choke it. This keeps it in front of you with a pretty good grip and you can fall to your back and wrap your legs around his body to keep him in one place. Hold till the dog passes out and then stomp its head in. Get the child some medical treatment.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really doubt this is going to work. Pitbulls' necks are like solid muscle. You can't even get to its throat. These dogs have incredible jaws and their necks are designed by to protect their throats. No way you're choking him out. Hopefully you can keep him from eating you and the kid until someone gets a gun.
Old 02-06-2006, 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I really doubt this is going to work. Pitbulls' necks are like solid muscle. You can't even get to its throat. These dogs have incredible jaws and their necks are designed by to protect their throats. No way you're choking him out. Hopefully you can keep him from eating you and the kid until someone gets a gun.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't need to get to his throat. A rear naked choke (strangle might be a better term) cuts off blood to the brain by squeezing the arteries shut. No blood to the brain = pass out. If I wanted I could hold it on till the dog died, but once it's passed out it's not a threat so tending to the child would be the most important thing.

I think the RNC is good here because it keeps the business end of the pitbull facing away from you, allows a firm solid grip (especially if you wrap your legs around it), and doesn't take that much effort to apply. If you don't believe me, find a judo/jiu jitsu school and tell them you think the rear naked choke doesn't work.
Old 02-06-2006, 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you don't believe me, find a judo/jiu jitsu school and tell them you think the rear naked choke doesn't work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, I know what a rear naked choke is. Good luck trying to get one on a pitbull. I'm going to go out on a limb and bet that almost no one at any of these dojo has ever tried.