Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2007, 10:24 AM

Default what really happened with king of drafts

Once again, I feel the need to defend myself from the slanderous posts against me, coupled with so many posters being so quick to pass judgement. The following is what really happened with king of drafts (ie Crablar). I am going to relay the truth, and that is all: I will not post or respond to anything else.

We had played with each other quite often at the Stars 10-20 tables and had become friendly with each other. He had asked me for lessons, and I had agreed (though I had yet to give him any lessons). Then, about a week or so ago, he came at sat at a table where I was sitting alone. Stars gave him the button for the first hand. He raised, I folded, and he immediately sat out. I thought that was a pretty classless move, and told him so (though in a perfectly calm and non-insulting way). In fact, the only thing I said was "that was pretty classless." He replied that he did not want to play me HU. I said that in that case, he should not have sat with me and certainly not taken my blind. A few minutes went by, after which he sat back in and folded his small blind to me before sitting out. He asked me if that was sufficient, and I said yes - and also that it was not a big deal either way.

Now fast forward to the incident last week. I was once again sitting alone when Crablar (who was sitting out) sat back in. I folded my small blind to him, after which he promptly sat out again. I asked him what he was doing - he said he did not want to play me hu, and that since he played MY button, it was fine anyway. I was annoyed at this, but did not say anything.

Some time later (probably about 15 minutes), he sat back in. Before posting my blind, I asked him, "are you really going to play me, or are you just going to steal my blind and sit out again?" He did not answer. So I did not post my blind. Some time later (another five minutes or so), I asked him again, "you are really going to play me or you going to just steal my blind?" Once again, he said nothing. So I decided to sit in and post. He raised his small blind, I folded my big blind - and he promptly sat out again!

At this point, I said "wtf are you doing, man? this is totally classless." he said simply that he did not want to play me heads up. I said, OK in that case, give me back my small blind (obviously it is not about the $20 for me - but I was really annoyed at this classless and unprovoked gesture). Now what happened next is what really shocked me. If king of drafts tries to deny this, there were two regulars (animal and vaga lion) that were now at the table sitting out that witnessed the following happen.

He said OK, he'll give me back the big blind. And he sat back in. So the cards were dealt, and I raised my rags so that he could fold and be done with it. Instead, he RERAISED! I had 93 offsuit - of course I folded. Now I was (I hope understandably) very angry. I said what the hell are you doing? You said you were giving my blind back. To that, he replied "I had AK." I know this sounds incredible (as with many of you, I had nothing but pleasant experiences and a high opinion of Crablar until this episode) to those of you that know him, but it is the truth. And again, at least one regular (animal) and perhaps another (Vaga Lion) witnessed this exchange and can verify my story.

At this point, I told him that I thought he was totally classless and that I would never give him lessons, and that I do not want to interract with him in any way again. To that, he started IMing me, saying that he had AK and damned if he was going to fold that. After receiving that IM, I simply blocked him from my IM address. I don't know anything about this "warn" feature or anything like that - I just started using IM less than a year ago, and all I did was block his user ID.

As far as clogging up his heads up tables and such, that is completely untrue. I only sat at one other table where he was sitting more than an hour later. At that point, he said "hu please." I asked his opponent if he wanted hu also. His opponent said "no, you are fine." So I sat in the game.

Other than what I have recounted here, I did not insult him or say anything further - only that I would have no contact with him again. On the other hand, he was a little abusive towards me, calling me paranoid, crazy, and telling me that he was going to destroy my reputation on twoplustwo. I did not say an additional word to him.

By the way, another player that I have not had the happiest of relationships with - Boosted J - can also verify that Crablar sits in for single hands, steals blinds, and then sits out. I know, because on that same day, I saw him do it to Boosted.

And Boosted, as for your comments about me being crazy to not play you hu, I don't know why you don't understand my logic. I do think that I am a favorite over you hu, but I do think you are a good player, and I am not as much of a favorite (and certainly have more variance) than if I just played the 6-max tables.

Anyway, what I have said in this post is the real truth about what happened. I know that a large number of posters on here have already formed their opinions about me, and that it provides for nice entertainment to blast me. Everyone is so quick to pass judgement. Anyway, I know that most of you will just believe what you want to believe, but I was not going to let Crablar's slanderous post slide without giving my own version of what happened.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:34 AM

Default Re: what really happened with king of drafts

welcome back, god it was boring here for a while.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:35 AM

I think that you are taking this too personal. It's a small sum of money and if he is being a dick just ignore the guy. I would love to see some posts from you again in this forum, just don't listen to the people insulting you and don't take things too peronally.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:39 AM

guys, dont try to reason with all that is Samo.

he's bananna nut bread. just soak it up and enjoy.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:54 AM

I'll respond to the thing about Boosted since I hope my relationship there is at least salvageable. When I sat in I either didn't notice it was vs. Boosted HU, or I was already sitting in with auto post when Boosted sat down.

Grimstarr comes and sits at my HU tables all the time, knowing full well I don't want to play him, so we end up playing one hand. Is that unethical on one of our parts? More importantly, does it matter? We are all rich, why do we have to nitpick over stupid [censored] like this?
Old 06-25-2007, 11:01 AM

Move to NVG.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:12 AM

this seems like a pretty clear blind giveback situation
Old 06-25-2007, 11:13 AM

IN ON 1
Old 06-25-2007, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

We are all rich, why do we have to nitpick over stupid [censored] like this?

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT
Old 06-25-2007, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had 93 offsuit - of course I folded.

[/ QUOTE ]

That aint the samoleus I know.