Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2007, 09:47 PM

Default An Amazing Life

For some reason I was reflecting on the movie Gandhi and thinking how Gandhi seemed to be an admirer of Christ...then I thought of Martin Luther King Jr. and he was a Baptist minister and also a follower of Christ...Seems that Jesus Christ is the father of non-violent civil resistance...And therefore had an influence on India's independence and on the U.S. civil rights movement...
Old 09-19-2007, 09:56 PM

Default Re: An Amazing Life

Let me be the first one to get in the obvious retort. Most Protestants and some Catholics think that those who believed what Ghandi proclaimed to believe will go to hell.(I said it that way rather than the more direct "believe Ghandi went to hell" to avoid the inevitable "no man knows who is saved etc etc)
Old 09-19-2007, 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Let me be the first one to get in the obvious retort. Most Protestants and some Catholics think that those who believed what Ghandi proclaimed to believe will go to hell.(

[/ QUOTE ]

You are guessing again.

PairTheBoard
Old 09-19-2007, 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Let me be the first one to get in the obvious retort. Most Protestants and some Catholics think that those who believed what Ghandi proclaimed to believe will go to hell.(

[/ QUOTE ]

You are guessing again.

PairTheBoard

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe so. In fact I will go as far as to say that the statement is probably wrong. How bout if I changed it those who strictly follow the Potestant line?
Old 09-19-2007, 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are guessing again.

PairTheBoard

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe so. In fact I will go as far as to say that the statement is probably wrong. How bout if I changed it those who strictly follow the Potestant line?

[/ QUOTE ]

The "Protestant line"? Maybe you should try psychically communicating exactly what it is you mean to say. Then you could bypass the nuisance of having to use words altogether.

PairTheBoard
Old 09-19-2007, 10:11 PM

For some reason I was reflecting on the movie Forrest Gump and thinking how Forrest Gump seemed to be an admirer of Christ...Seems that Jesus Christ is the father of shrimp boat captaining, meeting presidents, and running across the country in a quest to understand why Jenny left...
Old 09-19-2007, 10:15 PM

Gandhi may have been an admirer of JC, but he derived his nonviolence from Jainism, and subsequently MLK from him. It's pretty disingenuous to attribute their nonviolence to JC.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:19 PM

No seriously Sephus I put in Gandhi and Christ in my search engine and came up with this censored website article...Seems Gandhi was very taken with the Sermon on the Mount and the turn the other cheek philosophy of Christ and also by Christ's words on the cross...He believed Christ was extraordinary but never accepted him as his Savior...Still it seems the Prince of Peace is present today in the passive resistance movement...a divine thread???
Old 09-19-2007, 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No seriously Sephus I put in Gandhi and Christ in my search engine and came up with this censored website article...

[/ QUOTE ]
lol. censored by whom? link to the article plz.

[ QUOTE ]
Seems Gandhi was very taken with the Sermon on the Mount and the turn the other cheek philosophy of Christ

[/ QUOTE ]
No doubt, it was a good sermon and a great message. Seriously.

[ QUOTE ]
Still it seems the Prince of Peace is present today in the passive resistance movement...a divine thread???

[/ QUOTE ]
I think we should give the a large share of credit to Eirene/Pax, the goddess of peace, no doubt she was a huge inspiration to both Jesus and his followers.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are guessing again.

PairTheBoard

[/ QUOTE ]

He may be guessing, but I think he's right on this point.