Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2007, 06:18 AM

Default I normally just call here

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $100.45
BB: $119.45
UTG: $196.19
<font color="black">Hero (CO): $144.25</font>
<font color="black">BTN: $106.40</font>

<font color="black">Reads: </font><font color="blue">villain hadn't been at table very long, but had already made it perfectly clear he was an idiot. I dunno his stats but he was pretty donkish, v. v. loose pf (loose enough that any 2pair combo is probably possible in this hand), and reasonably aggressive considering that his super wide range means he's playing so much crap postflop.</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $4.00</font>, BTN calls $4.00, 2 folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($9.50) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $7.00</font>, BTN calls $7.00

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($23.50) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, BTN checks

<font color="black">River:</font> ($23.50) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $12.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $35.00</font>

Pf/Flop are standard i'm sure we can all agree, but i'm not sure about the turn, and given that i played the turn as i did, hows the river?
Old 06-04-2007, 06:27 AM

Default Re: I normally just call here

i bet turn again for value given that there's a new FD and 89 just became a double gutter and given your description of villain

then i'd ch call most river, or maybe bet again depending

river cr is pretty risky, but there's probably a little bit of value in it, though not much, and i probably wouldn't do it
Old 06-04-2007, 06:51 AM

Against idiots like that, I'd b/f all streets for value with tptk.
I dont like your turn check at all, except you'd be very confident he'd bet with all sorts of stuff. Board is drawy and idiots like drawing without odds.
I dont see no point in getting too fancy in these situations.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:28 AM

Bet the turn and bet the river. You are loosing a lot of value here. Specially on the turn.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:33 AM

Continue betting. Probably bet/fold turn, but I would almost always bet/call river.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Continue betting. Probably bet/fold turn, but I would almost always bet/call river.

[/ QUOTE ]

bet/call river? You think he will raise on the end after 3 barrels with &lt; TPTK?
Old 06-04-2007, 08:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

bet/call river? You think he will raise on the end after 3 barrels with &lt; TPTK?

[/ QUOTE ]

You'll be so committed you have to stick it in and pray. 4+7+20+45 it'll be like 20 more to call.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes he's an idiot and hes playing 100NL

edit: sweet electrical jesus man you have TPTK vs an established idiot and you only bet one street? 3 streets of value all day and never ever fold the river when the draws miss
Old 06-04-2007, 08:36 AM

Bet turn. But given that you didn't, you played it fine.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:03 AM

does everyone agree that the best turn play depends predominantly on what he does with draws if we check? anyone have any estimation on how often he has to bet his draws for checking to be superior to betting? I really have no idea, and i think some sort of rough answer to this would be very beneficial, at least to my game.

Also, if he pushes the river after i make it 35, what are we doing? We will be getting ~2.56:1, meaning we have to win &gt;28% of the time, to save you the counting.