Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2007, 07:41 AM

Default What I\'ve Learned.

What I’ve Learned.

- Anything done in moderation won’t hurt you. Except maybe shooting heroin into your eyeballs and sleeping with hookers in Africa. You should stay away from those.

- Vegetarians are for the most part boring and untrustworthy. I was a vegetarian for two years. I thank my friends for sticking by me during that dark time.

- You have to search for a good doctor. If you have a serious problem and just go to the first quack that you find and take his advice as gospel, well you’re asking for trouble. Shop around, do your homework. Most people are lazy, even when their own life is at stake.

- Television is to the brain what cigarettes are to the body.

- The reason not to go into business with friends is because you won’t ask them the hard questions due to the fact that they are your friends. You will trust them to do their part, when in most cases they won’t. By the time you realize, you will have lost a business and a friendship.

- Most of the interesting people I know still don’t know what to do with their life. I’m always very wary of young people who have all the answers. Best to keep them at a distance.

- The most important thing in a relationship is to keep the sex interesting. Do that and she’ll forgive you just about anything.

- There is a difference between stupidity and ignorance, but not by much.

- Writing is the hardest thing to do well. If you have to explain something that you’ve written, well, you haven’t done it right.

- I tried to enlist in the air force when I was young, clueless and lost. I got through to the final round of officer interviews. I knew all the answers to the questions that they gave me, the only problem was that my mouth wouldn’t work. Somebody was sure looking out for me that day.

- I coasted through everything in life, until I had to learn a language. And then I found out that to learn a language you have to know your own language inside out. Damn that was hard work.

- I have room in my life for a certain number of friends. I give them all the time and energy that I’m able. If I meet someone who might make a good friend, usually nothing comes of it. I’m all booked up, you’d be great but we’re just not hiring.

- Italians might be able to cook, but they sure as hell can’t drive.

- I can pack and be gone in under thirty minutes. You’ll never know when you need to.

- New rafting guides who come to work fall into two categories: the ones that talk to much and the ones that stay quiet. The quiet ones know how to do the job, the loud ones don’t know squat.

- If I had just one bit of advice to give it would be this; be nice.

What have the rest of you learned?
Old 05-22-2007, 08:23 AM

Default Re: What I\'ve Learned.

[ QUOTE ]
Writing is the hardest thing to do well. If you have to explain something that you’ve written, well, you haven’t done it right.

[/ QUOTE ]

explain?
Old 05-22-2007, 08:37 AM

You learned everything at first hand, right?
Old 05-22-2007, 09:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, definitely disagree. It's very easy, especially with DVR, to sift through the massive quantities of crap and wind up with informative and entertaining shows.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, definitely disagree. It's very easy, especially with DVR, to sift through the massive quantities of crap and wind up with informative and entertaining shows.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, but those entertaining shows contain high levels of nicotine and other harmful chemicals. Don't you read those fake government studies?!?!?
Old 05-22-2007, 09:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
- I have room in my life for a certain number of friends. I give them all the time and energy that I’m able. If I meet someone who might make a good friend, usually nothing comes of it. I’m all booked up, you’d be great but we’re just not hiring.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find myself generally feeling the same way and I hate it. It's never to late to make new friends, and having this closeminded mindset prevents it. I'm making an effort to not have this mindset anymore.

As for one to add to the thread:

You are never unhappy after taking your dog for a walk.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i like this one
Old 05-22-2007, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i like this one

[/ QUOTE ]

I have had three major girlfriends (all loves of my life) and two dogs that I could call my own. If they were all dead and I had a choice of who I could see again; there is no doubt it would be in this order:

1. Dogs
2. Girls

fyc
Old 05-23-2007, 10:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i like this one

[/ QUOTE ]

haha. no way. when i was a kid i used to have our dog and she'd take a [censored] hour to piss. god i [censored] hated that more anything.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:15 AM

Whenever you make a promise, don't break that promise.