Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2006, 07:50 PM

Default Too much gas?

sb is horrrrrrrible. like a 60/5/.9. absolutey horrible.

btn is taggy. not enough hands to give really accurate stats. but he's one of those 27/20ish guys i think, so i'm assuming he steals 35ish% of the time

Preflop: Stealthcow is BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Stealthcow calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Stealthcow checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Stealthcow raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Stealthcow caps</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Stealthcow bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

River: (12 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Stealthcow bets</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Stealthcow calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB

stealthcow-
Old 01-05-2006, 07:53 PM

Default Re: Too much gas?

okay discussing with a friend here are the questions

preflop: is this too kool for skool?

turn: okay lead out?

river: do i 3bet ?
Old 01-06-2006, 03:53 AM

Flop: K

Turn: I'm hoping to fold the TAG if I'm leading here, and I think the bet is ok since you've picked up extra GS outs against an overpair

River: A passive fish raised the flush, you are 7 high, he played "pussy-passive" the whole way indicating a flush draw to me... I just call. If he shows less than a flush, I make a note indicating his proper level of idiocy so that I may properly value bet him in the future.
Old 01-05-2006, 07:54 PM

River looks fine, I doubt it's jacks up or a wierd line with the straight often. I'd fold pre-flop and check the turn.
Old 01-06-2006, 03:55 AM

yes, but you are weak-tight =p

j/k

Where have you been lately man, missing your smiling gingerbread face at the stomping grounds... got a new place to play? Wish to share? PM? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-05-2006, 08:28 PM

preflop is a bit meh I don't absolutely hate it though. Flop fine. Turn bet is pretty pointless, after i check it I either bet the river flush if he checked behind the turn or I check raise if he bet it.

-DrG
Old 01-05-2006, 08:42 PM

i like everything except the turn bet. you don't think your 7 is good do you? you're definitely not taking it down right here...
Old 01-05-2006, 10:33 PM

I don't like the turn lead much. Looks like button has either a bigger club draw or an overpair which he may raise again and SB looks to be on a draw which very well may have just hit with that 6. I don't think your betting for value enough to make up for the times you get raised.
Old 01-05-2006, 10:48 PM

Preflop is super-standard for me. In fact, I think folding would be pretty poor.

Turn is meh, but I don't absolutely hate it. I kind of doubt an overpair will be raising you given the action and the board (and you could always semi-bluff 3-bet if he does [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]), but if you check, a bet is always going in when you're behind and never going in when you're ahead.

On the river, I'd usually 3-bet against a donk like the sb here, but his relatively low agression factor and the fact the he just called on the turn concern me. Unless you've seen him randomly overplay or make ridiculous bluffs postflop, I think a call is right unless you think he'd be tricky/silly enough to play an 8 like this on the turn/river.
Old 01-06-2006, 02:34 AM

thanks for all the responses.

i pokerstoved the btn for AA-22, Axo, k7o+, k5s+, Qts+, 98s+ T9o+, Qto+, which is fairly conservative for a tag stealing against a tag in the bb in my opinion. i gave the sb a range of 50% of the starting hands.

although these numbers are fairly sketchy on their absolute accuracy, esp the small blind, my equity came out to be &gt;26% which is way higher then i expected it to be. so yea, i think preflop is a definite call. probably gets really borderline with a sb whose more of a 35/8 kind of guy.

the turn was the first thing i questioned in the hand. i thought checking is better because i dont see villain 3 betting any hands on the flop that he'll check hte turn with. so unless he's got bigger clubs, i am not really accomplishing much. and the sb might've* improved also. but i def agree with mmcd that its not a love/hate thing.

river, i dunno if i can threebet that because i didn't have a read on him. fwiw, sb had QsTs.

stealthcow-