Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2006, 05:21 PM

Default Why do people take drugs?

This isn't a moral question of whether one should take drugs or if they are bad for you. I really don't care about that.

But with all the laws involving drugs, why would a person risk it? Is it worth it? I've never used drugs in my life. It's not because I think they are bad for me. It's because I don't think the risk of being arrested is worth the high. If pot were legal, I would definately give it a try.

I've never understood this. Why would a perfectly normal member of society take coke/pot/X ect. knowing if you got caught, it can mean jailtime? If you want to get f'd up that badly, why not take shots of alcohol?
Old 04-13-2006, 05:22 PM

Default Re: Why do people take drugs?

Because its not hard to avoid getting caught, and once you've tried something that makes you feel anywhere from pretty good to amazing, people generally treat it as an acceptable risk.
Old 04-13-2006, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Because its not hard to avoid getting caught, and once you've tried something that makes you feel anywhere from pretty good to amazing, people generally treat it as an acceptable risk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, getting caught is really the only thing I can think of. What are the chances of getting caught? Like 10% or you have a better shot at being struck by lightning?
Old 04-13-2006, 05:27 PM

alcohol makes you sick. weed doesnt. weed is the only illegal drug that i will advocate to become legal. people overdose on alcohol, no one has died from weed.
Old 04-13-2006, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
alcohol makes you sick. weed doesnt. weed is the only illegal drug that i will advocate to become legal. people overdose on alcohol, no one has died from a chemical overdose due to weed.

[/ QUOTE ]

People have certainly killed themselves doing stupid stuff (like driving) under the influence of marijuana.
Old 04-13-2006, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
alcohol makes you sick. weed doesnt. weed is the only illegal drug that i will advocate to become legal. people overdose on alcohol, no one has died from a chemical overdose due to weed.

[/ QUOTE ]

People have certainly killed themselves doing stupid stuff (like driving) under the influence of marijuana.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pop Quiz:

Your friends (A and B) are of equal driving skill. One has had a boatload to drink and the other has smoked a boatload of pot. You have to have one of them drive you home. You have no choice. Which car do you get in?
Old 04-13-2006, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pop Quiz:

Your friends (A and B) are of equal driving skill. One has had a boatload to drink and the other has smoked a boatload of pot. You have to have one of them drive you home. You have no choice. Which car do you get in?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cab it.
Old 04-13-2006, 05:36 PM

weed, not even close. anyone who disagrees, I dont believe that they have ever been around the substances enough to make a decision.
Old 04-13-2006, 05:36 PM

BVT,

the correct answer is who gives a [censored] because thats not what tron is trying to prove.
Old 04-13-2006, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pop Quiz:

[/ QUOTE ]

obviously teh weed guy.

but this is dumb. saying that weed doesnt impair your abilty to drive whatsoever is just retarded.

i used to drive all the time while high. i could be on my cellphone, smoking a cigarette and taking a fat bong rip all at the same time. im an insanely good driver tho.

now im just too paranoid of cops when im high, so i avoid driving high at all costs.