Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2007, 04:50 PM

Default Trip report -- lol home game

So, I like to play live poker, and there are really no decent games where I live. I usually just hang out with people and play 100nl game. It's good for some decent spending cash, but it's more or less just to hang out. Well last week, one of the players in the game invited me to his house for a heads up tournament/200nl cash game the next week. I decided to check it out, I had nothing else better to do anyways.

So, I get there and the entire basement is full of supbro gambling superstars. The heads up tournament bracket is drawn with an odd number of players, so the organizer decides that there would be a bye for somebody. I am drawn first with a dude that is baked out of his mind. We started at 5/10 blinds with 1850 in chips, obviously pro. After the first five rounds of me crippling him, and him outdrawing my sets/two pair every time while all in, I lost a huge pot with top two vs a gutshot. I soon after went out with K5 vs 64s allin preflop, etc. No big deal, the tournament sucked. I wanted to play in the cash game anyways.

So the game starts 6 handed. I only brought like ~700, so I try to buyin for 300, I am only allowed to buy in for 100, lol. I oblige for whatever reason, and the game starts. We start off with a double straddle ($8 for UTG+2). My friend on the CO (First to act) opens for $20, is called by SB and the double straddler.

Flop: Tc 2c Qh.

SB checks, BB checks, CO bets 50. SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: 7c.

SB goes all in for 30, CO calls.

River: Jd

SB tables 93cc, my friend grunts and shows KcKd.

In the mean time I am running over the table, and wind up with about $300 in about an hour. My friend bustos a couple more times and I lent him a hundo. The hand after, he limp reraises to $50 UTG, he is called in two spots. Flop is 2c 4c 4s. He bets $50. First caller folds, and the second caller has $12 left behind, he thinks forever and folds 9c 9s face up, nh sir!

Villain with the 9's last hand goes on a sick run and doubles up like 8 times. He's sitting on like 300 now, so I have been playing every single pot against him that I could. One particular hand, he raises UTG I call on the button with JTs, blinds fold. Flop is KQ3 rainbow, he checks, I bet 3/4th pot, he goes all in. I fold, he shows KJo while telling me "I saved you money bud", etc. I continue to play pots and stay around ~250 when the following hand comes up:

Same villain raises UTG, I call on button with 7d 7s, blinds fold.

Flop: 3c 4s 7c. He thinks about betting, I laugh and say "You know I'm betting" so he checks, I bet pot (about $20) he calls.

Turn: 5s. He pushes like $240. I count out my stack and I had him covered by like $15 or something. I start laughing, because it's so possible that he has any hand with a pair here. He starts to tell me to fold, I ask him if he wants to see my hand, he says "sure". I show him the 7's and he instantly shuts up. I ask him if he wants me to fold, he keeps saying yes. People start to leave the tournament to watch this hand, because apparently this is a huge pot, lol. He starts to get really nervous after a minute and tells me that he has a straight flush draw. I ask him if he has 45c, 56c or 89c, he gets more nervous. He then tells me that he will show me a card if I want. I tell him that it's no big deal, but if he wants to, obviously I want to see a card. He asks which one I want to see. He pushes one forward and leaves one behind. I obviously ask to see the one behind. He looks at it and says "Sorry bro, I can't show you this one". He then flips over the front card.

It is the 6c.

I kind of reexamine the board to make sure that he just showed me the straight card. People start blowing up at him. He then says "Believe me, I don't want to see the board pair, we are coin flipping here." I kind of sit there stunned, and obviously fold.

So, in this time, the one older guy here (mid-late 30's) busts out of the tournament and comes to the table bitching like crazy. I had been told that he was an [censored]. He starts ranting about how position means everything in poker, how good and aggressive he is, etc. He basically tells everyone that he watches the WPT on repeat daily and remembers TO PLAY LIKE THE PROS. He also informs the entire table that Absolute Poker is the best place to play online, but to never play the middle limit (200nl-400nl) because the players are so bad that they call with anything and always beat him. (Holla @ all you regulars, if I ever see him again, I am getting his s/n to see if any of you have played him) BTW, He recommends to play only 1000nl, and to sit with "at least" $400, or the blinds with just CHEW YOU UP WHOLE. Anyways, I decided to mess with this guy all night since he was on my left.

He begins to tell the table that "he would play this if he wasn't out of position" every single time he folds. He then starts to slide his cards towards me every time to see if I would have folded, etc. I usually called him a nit and told him he needed to loosen up with his 73s in a 4 way pot. He also tries to impress me by prop betting me on flops, I usually would agree, he would lose and never pay. He kept getting mad. So anyways, back to poker.

I decide to straddle as everybody started to actually play really tight and stacks were somewhat normal for a 200nl game (like 100-125 bb's per player by now). Pro player raises to $12 UTG, SB calls and I defend with 98o.

Flop is Qc9c4d. SB checks, I check, he thinks for about 3 minutes and finally checks.

Turn is 3c. SB checks, I bet $30. He thinks about 2 seconds and calls, SB folds.

River is 2d. I check, he thinks forever again and bets $60. I call, he starts yelling "LET'S SEE YOUR HAND" I laugh and tell him his Ace of clubs is no good and make sure to thank him for betting. I show my hand, he throws his cards and goes ape [censored]. He then starts to insult me for the next ten minutes while I am basically laughing in his face. He busto's five minutes later with top and bottom pair and storms out of the room.

Two minutes later he comes in and starts yelling how he would play anybody HU for $500. I instantly told him that it was fine with me. He gets in my face while screaming, so his fiance (who was playing as well) gets up and tells him that they are leaving. He starts yelling at her, and tells me that I do not have the money on me. I pull out remaining $500 and set it on the table, and he goes even more ape [censored]. He starts yelling "ALL RIGHT I'LL BE RIGHT BACK" while his fiance gets cashed out and leaves. He never came back. The game broke about a half an hour later.

Brag: first trip report, what it do
Beat: tl;dr
Variance: BASTARD
Old 03-03-2007, 04:56 PM

Default Re: Trip report -- lol home game

god bless chris moneymaker
Old 03-04-2007, 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

truer words have never been spoken.

mah lord, mah savior, n always wit bad behavior
Old 03-05-2007, 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
lol
Old 03-03-2007, 05:00 PM

i kept waiting for some super sweet climax but it never came.
this story left me with trip report blue balls. although i thought it was entertaining.
Old 03-03-2007, 05:02 PM

cliff notes plzthx
Old 03-03-2007, 05:04 PM

good report
Old 03-03-2007, 05:06 PM

read the whole thing, pretty funny.
Old 03-03-2007, 05:08 PM

I'd read this again. Good report.