Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2006, 08:09 PM

Default [25] lol badly played overpair lol

Don't have much on villian, since he has not done much. Just called a few times pre-flop and has folded most flops. The flop raise was a concern because that was the first time he had raised anyone, anywhere (and of course it's a minraise).

I think this was horribly played on my part, but anyone who knows me knows that's standard!

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 max, 6 handed) lolihunter.com

SB ($32.70)
BB ($28.93)
UTG ($6.04)
Heroine ($30.60)
CO ($22.55)
Button ($16.57)

Preflop: Heroine is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.10.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Heroine raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $1, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($2.35) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Heroine bets $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $4</font>, Heroine calls $2.

Turn: ($10.35) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Heroine checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $4</font>, Heroine calls $4.

River: ($18.35) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Heroine checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $7.57 (All-In)</font>, Heroine folds.

Final Pot: $25.92

-K
Old 04-19-2006, 08:19 PM

Default Re: [25] lol badly played overpair lol

Blech. BLECHHHHHH.

EASYYYYYY call on the river. You may have just caught the card that gives you the hand. Does he have a set? Sometimes. Does he have J7 or J2? Many idiots can. You beat those hands now. Does he have AJ/KJ/QJ/J10? Lots of times.

NEVER fold for this much on the river with this board and your hand. ICKY.

Edit: If you aren't pushing this flop it should be because you want to make sure a J stays in. Push the turn if not the flop. Again, ICKY.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:20 PM

Beat him into the pot on the river.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:24 PM

ewww that river just saved your butt...what do you think he had?
Old 04-19-2006, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ewww that river just saved your butt...what do you think he had?

[/ QUOTE ]

The river most likely didn't save OP's butt, but it could have. You most likely were ahead the entire time.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:26 PM

horrible horrible fold.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:29 PM

I nearly pushed the flop -- and then I remembered (probably incorrectly) that I almost never get called by a worse hand here.

To be honest, my original inclination was to fold the flop.. but I get skittish every time I get called holding anything short of the nuts, so I am insanely weak tight. I just do not like playing for my stack with one pair on a dry board versus some random passive player.

I nearly called the river, noticing that I was getting 3:1 on the call... but I felt that he was betting in such a manner that he was trying to get his entire stack in... so he almost certainly has something. The even worse thing is, I did not notice the board paired (runner runner style, making it even less likely he boated up via two pair) and that I beat the random-ass two pair.

:\

-K
Old 04-19-2006, 08:31 PM

Ok, if you think you will fold out a Jack with a flop push (which you probably won't) call the flop bet and push the turn.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good fold. I assume you were drawing to the bad beat jackpot and didn't hit.

[/ QUOTE ]
Cute.

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, if you think you will fold out a Jack with a flop push (which you probably won't) call the flop bet and push the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
So, what do you interpert the flop min-raise in position to mean, especially from a player who has not raised anything yet?

-K
Old 04-19-2006, 08:37 PM

It means he either thinks you are full of crap and wants to bluff you off the pot or he has a hand he likes and wants to raise you. He likes a lot more hands than a set here. He is short stacked. You have a big hand. You are good here very very often.

Besides, how long have you been playing with him? If he is frustrated for not having hit anything, he will play a single jack even stronger.