Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-2006, 07:49 AM

Default $5 How did I play these pocket Q\'s ?

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Tournament
Blinds: t25/t50
7 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: t1455
UTG+1: t2100
MP1: t1110
CO: t1765
Button: t3545
Hero: t1095
BB: t2430

Pre-flop: (7 players) Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
2 folds, MP1 calls t50 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t75)</font>, CO calls t50 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t125)</font>, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to t200</font>, BB folds, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 raises to t350</font>, CO calls t300 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t650)</font>, Hero calls t150 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t950)</font>.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (t1100, 3 players)

What information can you guys extract from this hand ? What does a re-raise mean ? Does it mean " Get out now ? "
Old 12-26-2006, 08:11 AM

Default Re: $5 How did I play these pocket Q\'s ?

with your stack i would shove pf over the limpers, shove over mp1's rr and shove the flop. i'm not sure if the first one is correct though.

edit: the rr does look very strong but readless at a $5 surely you can't let this one go.
Old 12-26-2006, 08:22 AM

You would have shoved over the limpers ? Surely they'd all fold, except for AA and KK ? Where's the EV in that ?
Old 12-26-2006, 09:37 AM

I would shove after MP1 reraise. As played I would shove the flop.
Old 12-26-2006, 10:03 AM

After MP1's re-raise, you probably should have shoved preflop. You're a little too short stacked to get away from queens here....especially in a $5 where their are a lot of donkey's.
Old 12-26-2006, 10:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You would have shoved over the limpers ? Surely they'd all fold, except for AA and KK ? Where's the EV in that ?

[/ QUOTE ]

i say this purely because of the buy-in level. you're getting called by a comical range of hands here in my experience, and my thinking was that if the blinds were 50/100 you'd be shoving this and with two limpers already in the pot it's basically equivalent. also again at this level in my experience you're likely to be called by both limpers and any A or K flop is going to put you off when you pretty much need to be committing here.

feel free to flame me if my thinking is way off here. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 12-26-2006, 11:02 AM

Ha flaming is not my style. I just think that a lot of players here underestimate the $5 players on stars. Or overestimate me, maybe [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-26-2006, 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

You mean besides the free chips at almost 0 risk?

200 is too small of a raise. I'd make it 300ish. But pushing at the $5s certainly isn't bad.
Old 12-26-2006, 11:10 AM

Kyro, I mean : shoving ( he means all-in by that, right ? ) only gives me 125 if everyone folds. Seems like a waste of perfectly good pair of bitches.

But you think i'll get called more often then not with a hand with any two pictures in it ? That reduces my hand to a coinflip, wich i'd rather not take at this blindlevel....
Old 12-26-2006, 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Kyro, I mean : shoving ( he means all-in by that, right ? ) only gives me 125 if everyone folds. Seems like a waste of perfectly good pair of bitches.

But you think i'll get called more often then not with a hand with any two pictures in it ? That reduces my hand to a coinflip, wich i'd rather not take at this blindlevel....

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious? I'm not positive what the calling ranges are here, but whatever they are, it ain't a coinflip.

Still, I've already said I prefer raising less than all-in but more than 200.