Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > Two Plus Two Internet Magazine
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2006, 08:26 PM

Default The Auto Fold

[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes, I'll look at the first card, and if it's NOT painted, I'll loudly declare, "Hey, this first card is good enough. I call," before I even see the second card.

[/ QUOTE ]

Smooooooooth.

/mc
Old 02-01-2006, 02:29 PM

Default Re: The Auto Fold

This is the worst article I have ever read. He is advocating open limping under the gun after he sees one raggy card. WTF??? So they put you on an ace, ok. Well if you're playing low then people are donks and they are going to pay you off because they're donks and never fold anyway, and if you're playing higher people are going to pop you every time you pull this stupid move. There are 8 hands left to act after you and you're just assuming that no one has a premium? Did you write this article as a joke? And then once he gets two face cards he does what, open limps?? This clown is going directly to my right so I can pop his [censored] all night. If you're going to get tricky then raise, you know that whole tight agressive thing...
Old 02-01-2006, 03:08 PM

It probably actually works at whatever limit you're playing at...
IF your opponents are weak players (perhaps new to Hold 'em/playing cards).

It's just one more head game you can use (along with all the others) to
manipulate your opponents. Sure, if someone has a premium, then you deal with that
situation when it comes.

Doing this might also have the effect that it had on you: if might make
good tight agg. players think you are a "clown," being "smooooooth" (w/ added emphasis on sarcasm), etc. and cause
them to play differently against YOU specifically (which, if you are a good enough
player, is exactly what you want).

What about when YOU get a premium? I guarantee that acting like this, especially
blurting out aloud overly obvious things/"lies" (as long as you are not unconsciously giving off tells to other expert players at the table that reveal to them your "true" holding/true strenght of your holding...), WILL get you tons more action
from good players like yourselves. If you kept popping me when I had rockets, I'd love you!

Case in point - your reaction to the article as evident in your posts.

It's a good article and I take it as 1 more trick to add to your bag...not
something that you should focus your whole session on. Plus it seems like it'd be fun to do...even if (no, especially if) it pisses a few
of your opponents off/gets you into their head a bit...nice article.
Old 02-01-2006, 05:35 PM

It had to be a joke.

"I am very tight, I probably fold almost 80% of my hands"
Old 02-01-2006, 06:14 PM

Yeah, I still can't decide if the whole thing was meant to be a joke. Which is not a good sign either way.

/mc
Old 02-01-2006, 06:18 PM

Wow. PLZ PLZ PLZ be a joke.
Old 02-01-2006, 07:14 PM

This article has value because someday these tricks may be used on me. Every situation in poker comes easier if you've heard of it before you sit down. It was also fun to read.

Whenever I think about image plays in poker I remember one thing. Merely one BB/hour is my nominal profit margin playing live. How many minutes pay (EV) can I afford to sacrifice to try to create an image?

I have a theory that most players are only capable of noticing and remembering how maybe two or three opponents are playing. I think there is an enormous amount to be said for being so nondescript and boring that no one thinks about you at all.

It occurs to me that an accomplished magician could possibly learn to check his cards without anyone realizing it. Then he could use the ideas in the article for free.
Old 02-02-2006, 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

It occurs to me that an accomplished magician could possibly learn to check his cards without anyone realizing it. Then he could use the ideas in the article for free.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?

The "ideas" in the article are all about fake tells which you loudly announce to the table after ostentatiously looking at your cards. How does seeing your cards without anyone else noticing relate to that?

/mc
Old 02-02-2006, 03:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?

The "ideas" in the article are all about fake tells which you loudly announce to the table after ostentatiously looking at your cards. How does seeing your cards without anyone else noticing relate to that?

/mc

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he's talking about the stuff about calling or raising blind after looking at one card. Like, hero has AA, "raises blind", table thinks he just did it with any two rather than actually deciding to do it based on the strength of his hand.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:01 AM

Was I accidentally reading cardplayer by mistake?

What the hell was this article doing in the 2+2 mag?