Old 06-12-2007, 06:53 PM
Cent Cent is offline
Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA
Default I hope Pokerstars doesn\'t screw me - need advice

I often transfer with players for a 5% fee. This guy contacted me who said what I do, and he wanted to make a transfer off of Pokerstars. We did a couple thousand dollars, than Pokerstars did a security check on the guy, the guy passed the security check. We had transferred around $4000, he gave to me on PS, I gave to him on FTP and UB. Now, Pokerstars said the "true" owner of the account said someone accessed it without his permission, and so PS froze my account. I asked that they don't take my money, as I am an innocent victim in this, and here is what they responded. Anyone know what I should do?

Hello Adam,

Thanks for your email.

I appreciate that you may well have entered into this transfer in good
faith, however you also did so at your own risk.

We now have reason to believe that the funds you received came from an
account that was accessed without the owners knowledge, they were
effectively stolen funds.

If you were to inadvertently purchase a stolen car, you would not have
been aware that it was stolen, however it also would not change that
fact.
If the authorities managed to trace the car, it would be returned to
the
genuine owner. That may seem like an odd analogy but I hope it makes my
point.

The account holder in question, 'mobster80, has subsequently informed
us
that he has filed a police report against the likely perpetrator in
this
matter. He is also actively trying to resolve the situation with him
directly.

This investigation is very much ongoing and I'm afraid that we need to
keep your account frozen for the time being.

I apologize for the inconvenience here and I will get back to you as
soon
as possible.

Regards,

Dan
PokerStars Security

Old 06-12-2007, 06:57 PM
demon102 demon102 is offline

Location: magically delicious
Default Re: I hope Pokerstars doesn\'t screw me - need advice

u should send emails to the other sites that u did tranfers for this guy too
Old 06-12-2007, 07:01 PM
tiger_hall tiger_hall is offline

Location: Asian women 4LYFE

talk to that bloke you did transfer with and sort it out...
Old 06-12-2007, 09:06 PM
Cent Cent is offline
Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA

This situation is with Mjafish, someone stole his account, and I am going to make this public. I talked with UB and they said that they don't take ANY responsibility for transfers between players and to keep their login info secure. Now it's fine that Pokerstars wants to get in the way of players affairs to protect playesr that DON'T keep their login info secure. But if they want to do that, then they should take the [censored] loss!!

The stolen car analogy doesn't apply here. If you buy a car and run it through the DMV, then it's a good car. Pokerstars went thru a security check, and found the money to be good. If they want to go thru all that, then that's their perogative, but a billion dollar a year company shoudln't screw a little guy out of $5000.

If they do end up giving me my money back, then I will say so here.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:19 PM
Alobar Alobar is offline

Location: spite shoving minraises

[ QUOTE ]

The stolen car analogy doesn't apply here. If you buy a car and run it through the DMV, then it's a good car.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can sell you a car that will run through the DMV just fune. Just means im selling it to you before it gets reported stolen. If you buy that car, that then gets reported stolen afterwords, they still wont let you keep the car.

I get your pissed and rightfully so, but blaming pokerstars or looking for them to foot the bill is retarded. This is whats wrong with society, everyone looks for someone else to blame. You entered an arena were scamming is a very real possibility, and you got scammed. You put yourself in this position, own up to that. Hopefully this gets resolved but if it doesn't you just gotta accept it.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:46 PM
Cent Cent is offline
Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA

Transfers are supposed to be legit. Most poker sites won't let you transfer unless it's good money, that's why they don't let you transfer until 90 days after an epassporte or credit card deposit, because they want to make sure fraud isn't going on. If it wasn't good money, Pokerstars shouldn't have let the transfer go thru.

This problem would never happen with Full Tilt or Ultimate Bet, and because of this I probably won't do transfers with Pokerstars again.

And I'm sorry that you're friend stole your password and account, Mike, hopefully we'll both get this resolved. All I can do is wait now.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:55 PM
hiho hiho is offline

Should at least give him half of his money in the mean time, I mean that just sucks.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:04 PM
Alobar Alobar is offline

Location: spite shoving minraises

[ QUOTE ]
If it wasn't good money, Pokerstars shouldn't have let the transfer go thru.

[/ QUOTE ]

what are they supposed to do? Call the future and ask if the owner of the account is going to report it as hacked? You also realize the owner of the account my not even have been hacked, hes just saying he was hacked to rip you off. Is pokerstars supposed to do an indepth psychoanalysis of every player to weed out the crooks?
Old 06-12-2007, 10:20 PM
Mjafish Mjafish is offline

Location: 2nd Place

[ QUOTE ]
And I'm sorry that you're friend stole your password and account, Mike, hopefully we'll both get this resolved. All I can do is wait now

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not my friend anymore.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:59 AM
ADBjester ADBjester is offline

[ QUOTE ]
Transfers are supposed to be legit. Most poker sites won't let you transfer unless it's good money, that's why they don't let you transfer until 90 days after an epassporte or credit card deposit, because they want to make sure fraud isn't going on. If it wasn't good money, Pokerstars shouldn't have let the transfer go thru.

This problem would never happen with Full Tilt or Ultimate Bet, and because of this I probably won't do transfers with Pokerstars again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your logic is flawed. I know of no sites that delay 90 days before permitted a transfer. In fact, I fund a buddy who can't deposit [1] on Full Tilt (with the express written consent of Full Tilt) by depositing and immediately transferring to him the same day.

I have also done insta-transfers on Party (pre-UIGEA), Paradise (pre-UIGEA), and elsewhere. To even think about blaming PokerStars here is ludicrous.

Jester

---

[1] Because his address cannot be verified because he's an expat who lives in a different country from his citizenship/driver's license/mailing address/banking records.