Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2006, 10:03 PM

Default Wsex too good to be true as witnessed today by me

SO I play for the 1st time in the no rake SNG at WSEX. I had only planned on playing one $10+1 game, but since the minimun deposit was $20, I put in $22. I play two games.
I take 2nd place in one, 3rd in the other, making my balance $50. I decide to cash out. First I discover that I can only cash out once every 10 dys, after that there is a fee. OK. Fine. I will cash out and not play there in the near future (I am someone who is constantly depositing and cashing out because I play in a lot of sites).
After a while, I noticed that my cashout is still not in my Neteller. I call Customer service and find out what really got me mad. In order to cash out for free, you have to play YOUR FULL DEPOSIT AMOUNT!!! If you deposit $100 and you play $80, and decide to cash out, you get charged a FEE!!!!! I played my full $22 (two games), so I really don't understand what the hell.
I am just in disbelief. I kind of knew that this whole rake free thing had to be too good to be true and it is. I have the conversation in case anyone wants to see it. But I dont know how to put it here as an attachment.
Old 04-25-2006, 10:10 PM

Default Re: Wsex too good to be true as witnessed today by me

just cut and paste the conversation into a post.

I think in all likelihood, you are complaining about something silly, that in no way reduces how wonderful returned fees would be for all SNGs played.

SOunds like it's just some kind of deposit withdrawl policy that isn't as good as other sites. If WPEX really takes off, and regularly offers SNGs at all levels, and anybody lets this kind of thing keep them from playing, then they are probably making a mistake.

But maybe I am wrong. I'd like to see the conversation to be sure.

Regards
Brad S
Old 04-25-2006, 10:11 PM

If they had as many games as party, I would be willing to pay a $1000 cashout fee
Old 04-25-2006, 10:15 PM

Lol. Maybe you guys are right. I just don't like the idea of having to play ALL of my deposited money before I can take it out. But I can see how if you are playing a lot of games, especially high stakes, how this issue is really small.
Old 04-25-2006, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I am just in disbelief. I kind of knew that this whole rake free thing had to be too good to be true and it is. I have the conversation in case anyone wants to see it. But I dont know how to put it here as an attachment.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have yourself to blame. Why bother depositing to play one or two SnGs? Why not read the rules for the site before doing so? Don't you realize transactions cost money for the site?

How is the rake free thing "too good to be true"? It works exactly as advertised.
Old 04-25-2006, 10:16 PM

I read all the rules and the customer service agent acepted that that policy was not writeen anywhere on the site.
Old 04-25-2006, 10:41 PM

All right, so get to the juicy part. How was the play? How fast did they fill up? How is the UI? Give up a report!
Old 04-25-2006, 11:22 PM

The first game took 1.5 hours to fill up (I swear on anything I'm not exagerating). People would sit down, then after 5 minutes leave. About 10 people sat there overall but they all left so the table would not fill. I was playing on other tables on other sites waiting. The second one filled up in about 15 minutes. There were only about 1500 players on the whole site. The play was not as bad as I would have thought, although people did seem to like to go all in a lot. Many times with a less than optimal hand. Overall, the play was enjoyable and the people were friendly.
Old 04-25-2006, 11:38 PM

I downloaded the software. It says all the SNGs have rake (they are called 20+2 or something similar). WTF gives?
Old 04-25-2006, 11:51 PM

I've played WPEX (World Poker Exchange) for over a year - low volume site, WPEX is part of WSEX (World SPorts Exchange). WSEX has been a sports book for years with a good rep, I've never had any problems with withdrawels, but I haven't touched the site in probably a month.

Last time I logged in I saw that they had Rake free ring games, but the volume is real low.

I liked it for MTTs $11 buy in $1000 prize pool average around 80 players. STTs take too long to fill up to even bother. The play is full of sports gamblers - very loose - going for a lot of draws.

I wouldn't recommend it for STTs I know I waited 30 minutes for one to fill up (but I wasn't the first to sign up), decent for low stakes MTTs, maybe cash ring games (rake free) - but there is not a lot of volume on the ring games either, usually only 1 table at any level of play.