Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2005, 04:18 PM

Default Is it +EV for me to take on Neverwin

Hey,

I'm new to this forum. Often, folks make posts along the lines of "I have such and such a plan to go pro by playing at these stakes and making so many big blinds per hour and so on". I have a different approach, based on the theory that a professional, while smarter than me, has less information. That is, there is tons of information on professional players available. But pros have no information on me. So, as an experiment, I've chosen an internet pro at random (Neverwin) and I've collected all of the information I could (from his site and watching him play) and studied it. I'm pretty sure I have his betting pattern figured out.

Now, I'm an above average mid\low stakes limit player (.50\$1 at pokerstars, usually) and I've been playing for about six months and I'm up. So I'm pretty good, but I probably couldn't take Neverwin based just on stone cold ability alone. Thats where the "edge" I get from the footage comes in. So I figure I can probably take him to school for a while in cash games before he has a chance to study my style and figure out how I'm outplaying him hand after hand after hand after hand. So basically, here are my questions:

1. Do any of you know of other poker players who have gone pro and earned a profit this way?

2. Are any of you interested in offering financing? Neverwin only plays in high stakes cash games, so I'd probably need a couple hundred thousand in financing to get started. If you're interested, or know anyone who might be, send a PM and we can discuss terms. I really think this is a profitable idea.

If financing proves difficult, maybe Neverwin will finance me himself. He's probably pretty arrogant and thinks he can beat me, so I wouldn't be surprised if he floats me a loan. And then, if I do lose, it would be in his interest to coach me so I gain the skills I need to make the money back.

Anyway, I think I'm ready to get out of the kiddie pool, make some moves, and hurt Neverwin in a cash game.

Comments appreciated,

Neal
Old 07-11-2005, 04:19 PM

Default Re: Is it +EV for me to take on Neverwin

I'd stake you. PM me.
Old 07-11-2005, 04:21 PM

So let me make sure I read this correctly. You want to move from micro-limits to playing the biggest game online against one of the best headsup/short handed players there is?

Excuse me while I...

*cough*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This part was especially good:

[ QUOTE ]
2. Are any of you interested in offering financing? Neverwin only plays in high stakes cash games, so I'd probably need a couple hundred thousand in financing to get started. If you're interested, or know anyone who might be, send a PM and we can discuss terms. I really think this is a profitable idea.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-11-2005, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So let me make sure I read this correctly. You want to move from micro-limits to playing the biggest game online against one of the best headsup/short handed players there is?

Excuse me while I...

*cough*

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he's got an interesting strategy and that we'd be passing up a potentially huge edge if we didn't stake him.

I'm gonna buy 100,000$ of this guys action.
Old 07-11-2005, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Excuse me while I...

*cough*

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he's got an interesting strategy and that we'd be passing up a potentially huge edge if we didn't stake him.

I'm gonna buy 100,000$ of this guys action.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, not only do you have an imaginary hot girlfriend, but you also pretend that you're worth at least $100k.
Old 07-11-2005, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So, not only do you have an imaginary hot girlfriend, but you also pretend that you're worth at least $100k.

[/ QUOTE ]

We just plundered a dragons treasure horde in my DnD game, I'm worth alot more than 100k.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:16 AM

Right u are!!
i think its just a stupid idea... it is the same as if i said i figured out how daniel negreanu plays, just give me ur money i got an edge though im just a micro limit player...
Old 07-11-2005, 04:21 PM

Maybe you should start with Phil Ivey.
Old 07-11-2005, 04:22 PM

funniest....post....ever!

I wish this was for real too, that would make it even better
Old 07-11-2005, 05:07 PM

In all sincerity...is this real?