Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2007, 04:15 PM

Default B&M Strategy Forum - Shouldn\'t We Have One

I was reading this post Here and found the discussion very useful.

Don't you guys think it's time we had a B&M strategy forum. I almost exclusively play live and find it hard wading through all the info provided at the current strategy forums.

Thoughts?
Old 05-21-2007, 04:26 PM

Default Re: B&M Strategy Forum - Shouldn\'t We Have One

Wasn't this just beat to death here a few weeks ago and denied?
Old 05-21-2007, 04:27 PM

Earlier thread
Old 05-21-2007, 04:28 PM

I still like the idea from before or renaming the Full Ring forum "Full Ring & B&M".
Old 05-21-2007, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I still like the idea from before or renaming the Full Ring forum "Full Ring & B&M".

[/ QUOTE ]

or something to that nature, I like it too. But the full ring forum mods have to lobby to get that done, not me [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 05-21-2007, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have any problems renaming our forum. The only concern that jumps out (and it is minor) is that if people somehow get the impression it is only for B&M games, not online as well.

All B&M posters are more than welcome at FR - While we do have mostly smaller stakes players ($100NL and below), there are many who play above that. Plus, I'd argue a $100NL game online is just as hard as a $2-$5 live game and the thought process is much the same, even with the differences.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have any problems renaming our forum. The only concern that jumps out (and it is minor) is that if people somehow get the impression it is only for B&M games, not online as well.

All B&M posters are more than welcome at FR - While we do have mostly smaller stakes players ($100NL and below), there are many who play above that. Plus, I'd argue a $100NL game online is just as hard as a $2-$5 live game and the thought process is much the same, even with the differences.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am one of the people that dislikes the auto-moving of B&M strategy questions to the microstakes forum, but this sounds great to me.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:35 PM

Most of the SSNL regulars have played live and understand the differences in bet sizing and additional reads you can get. I haven't seen anyone who posts a live hand get flamed or ignored in SSNL or uNL (Remember those forums are very high traffic so every new thread will not get a bazillion replies).

IMO, it has not been demonstrated that live hands posted in either uNL, SSNL or FRNL are being ignored, flamed or not getting good advice.

From my experience (hundreds of live hours mixed with hundreds of thousands of online hands) here's my take on live vs online:

Live $1/$2 -- I've seen it play anywhere from NL$25 up to NL$100. On average, it is closer to NL$25 in terms of bad players, while the better players at the table are probably closer to bad/average online NL$100 players. Either FRNL, uNL or SSNL can handle these hands.

Live $2/$5 - This plays anywhere from NL$50 to NL$200. On average, I'd say that anyone who can beat NL$100 online can beat a live $2/$5 game. Bankroll would be the only real concern. Both FRNL or SSNL would be good places to post these hands.

I have not played higher live so I will not attempt to extrapolate any further.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How about Full Ring Online and B&M NL?
Old 05-21-2007, 04:49 PM

I agree. I play live mostly and live is very different from online for a number of reasons. My main game is 2/5 NL and I never know where to post. Mid-stakes NL is full of 6-max online players. Full ring tends be lower stakes and still mainly online players. B&M is not a strategy forum. Why not start one and see what happens?