Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2006, 11:13 AM

Default Limping PF then facing raise from right

Consider:

Party Poker 0.15/0.30 Hold'em (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB (Villain) raises</font>, Hero ???

I think this is a leak for me because I have no idea on how to react here. I hate to call this, but I always do (and then beat my head on the table). I like the relative position on Villain, but I'm not sure if there will be overcallers behind me (or even a 3-bet). I'm not sure if I like 3-betting this myself, and I hate to fold it.

What would your response be?

In this case, Villain is fairly loose and passive. How does your response change if Villain is tight? What if he is loose and aggressive?

How would your response change if you were in late position instead of early position?

How would your response change if you knew you would get overcallers or if everyone else would fold to the PF raiser?

How would your response change if your QT was suited?

Thanks in advance for your insight. I'm glad to be a part of this forum. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] My apologies if there are too many question here.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:16 AM

Default Re: Limping PF then facing raise from right

What a yucky hand. I'd fold it.

If villain was super laggy and the QT was suited I'd probably call.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:19 AM

Typically I would fold QT from UTG as well, but the table was loose enough that I felt it was an okay play.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:22 AM

If you limped this PF in the first place i dont see how you can fold for 1 more bet. You're getting 6:1 (or is it 7:1?) and the 3 other limpers generally call as well.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:25 AM

Limping with QTo under the gun is a serious leak. Don't play that hand unless you're the CO or Button and the pot hasn't been raised.

However, now that you've limped, you're getting good odds so you almost have to call BB's raise.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Typically I would fold QT from UTG as well, but the table was loose enough that I felt it was an okay play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Either the table is loose enough to play QTo UTG (which I'm pretty sure it wasn't) OR calling one back to you is a question. It can't be both.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Either the table is loose enough to play QTo UTG (which I'm pretty sure it wasn't) OR calling one back to you is a question. It can't be both.

[/ QUOTE ]

The table average VPIP was around 48% after 130 hands when this situation came up. How loose would you want it to be before trying to limp with this hand?
Old 06-19-2006, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The table average VPIP was around 48% after 130 hands when this situation came up. How loose would you want it to be before trying to limp with this hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

No matter how loose the table is, I wouldn't be happy limping QTo UTG myself. From late position, it's a different story though.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've just never seen this type of situation addressed and thus don't know what to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure you have. It's called not playing dominated hands from EP, and it's covered in every book you've read. That said, you're reading a lot of advanced texts, and the suggestion was some beginners' books...even SSH, which comes closest to applying to micro games, is going to be a little beyond you until you can explain to somebody else why limping QTo from EP is a bad idea. That's the point.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not just looose, it also has to be passive. But, really, QTo is too weak to play; maybe if you'd been at the table, without seats turning over, for 300 or so hands and hadn't seen a single preflop raise and 6-7 players to the flop every hand. And if that's the case I might raise it UTG preflop.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:29 AM

Fold preflop.

Limping and folding to a raise is almost never right. Basically, after you limp, and it comes back to you for one more, always call.