Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2007, 11:20 AM

Default The Well: B00T

A stranger is being shown around a village that he has just become part of. He is shown a well and his guide says "On any day except Wednesday, you can shout any question down that well, and you'll be told the answer" .

The stranger shouts down several questions, and all are answered. The stranger is impressed, and after thinking a minute he shouts down: "Why not on Wednesday?" and the voice from in the well shouts back "Because on Wednesday, it’s your day in the well".

B00T has volunteered to take a turn in The Well. This is his thread, and your opportunity to shout any question down The Well for B00T to answer...

<ul type="square">
Previous turns in The Well: [*] Performify - 02/02/07[*] B00T - 02/07/07[/list]
If you are interested in volunteering to take a turn in the well, send Performify a PM.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:39 AM

Default Re: The Well: B00T

Hey B00T.
I´ll start out with pretty much the same questions I first asked Performify..

How old are you?

Where do you live?

How did you get into sports betting?

How long have you been betting sports?

Do you bet sports for a living? If not, what do you do?

What education do you have?

What sports do you bet?

How much did you make betting sports last year?

What do you think are your biggest attributes that make you successful?

What, if any, are your leaks? (replace leaks with suitable sports betting term if needed)

How much time do you put into betting sports? (per day and week, on average)

Do you play poker and/or are you involved in any other form of gambling?

What does your family think of your betting?

How important do you feel it is to be good at math in order to be a successful sports bettor?
Old 02-07-2007, 03:15 PM

I'm 26 yrs old. I live in Rockland Cty, NY which is about 30 minutes north of NYC.

I got into sports betting while I was in college. I worked at a local pizza joint and the owner of it was heavy into betting. He would call his bookie just about everyday and be betting more than the daily revenue of the store that day. He would be pacing around the store carrying a little black and white composition book with all his betting records and research on it. The guy was a true degenerate. He had a sattelite feed from DirecTV with every sports package he could get into a little 19" TV that sat atop a freezer box in the back of our store. He'd be hooting and hollering at any game there was. The days he would win, he'd let me go home early and he was extremely nice to all his customers and you could just tell when he was winning. The days he lost, this guy would pace back and forth throughout the store with a cleaning rag in each hand and literally just run to each countertop, meat slicer, stove, and when I say frantically start scrubbing, it's the understatement of the year. Picture those mexican guys at the end of a car wash with the towels that wipe down your car as fast as they can before you get off the track. Now picture them after taking like 6 hits of crystal meth. That was this guy. Anyway, he got me into sports betting. I used to bet about $50 a game and picked 1 or 2 games a week. After looking back, I think I picked a road favorite every bet I ever made. I never got the concept of homefield, and if I did, I didn't care.

I graduated from SUNY Albany with a B.S. in Economics in 2002.

I was betting sports for a living for all of 2006. Abotu 95% of these profits were from arbing, or taking shots at middles that were largely +EV. I am awaiting the arrival of my passport, and may look into continuing that for 07. It's still up in the air in this point.

I broke 6 figures for all of 06, after counting bonuses, and the Pinnacle rebate. To not sound spammy or self-promoting I had a lot to do with the conception of ArbCentral. The Pinnacle rebate which in my mind was the #1 underutilized profit building mechanism any arber could use.

Being successful: It's a lot harder to answer this since I rarely spend any time capping events. I guess for arb purposes, I know exactly where to look at any given time of day to know when site X puts out their overnight lines, or when site Y is slow to move. A lot of this comes with experience. A good thing is I am totally desensitized to the monetary values. I started out 0/6 in $1000+ exposures, but it never discouraged me.

I used to 8 table 5-10 limit 6max before I got heavy into sports betting. My crapola winrate of .6bb/100 over 200k hands was just enough after getting some sweet rakeback deals kept me quite afloat. I also worked for a year and a half for Raketracker (Morgant, Cup, Toronto, and the former mod of SB Craig) I learned quite a bit from them about how to play poker and the behind the scenes action of the affiliate world. Once I started betting fulltime I switched to S+G's (up to the $33's) and never made too much. Maybe about $3000 total for all of 06. I never really applied myself to poker and studied the game.

My family is supportive of what I do. While working for raketracker and doing other affiliate work in the last 3 years, I always was "left alone" because my affiliate work was enough of a basic income where in my family's eyes it was a "job". They weren't worried that I had to make bets or play poker to support myself.

Math is extremely important although I can never formulate or even follow an arguement or theory being made. (King Yao is a great example of someone who shows the math behind sports betting, yet I don't have a great enough attention span to follow it). In hindsight I guess you don't have to be as sharp as him to profit, but it would definitely help your ROI, the stronger you are. I think it's quite conducive to never analyzing your poker play and being content with where you are.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:36 PM

What's the most money you have ever lost on a race, or a single game? And also, what was your biggest score?
Old 02-07-2007, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What's the most money you have ever lost on a race, or a single game? And also, what was your biggest score?

[/ QUOTE ]

$1900 lost ~$4440 won

I lost $9,000 on a real estate deal gone bad, which was my worst score to date in life. I have since recouped it on some other ventures, but that one stings the most. More than any sports loss.

Old 02-07-2007, 11:47 AM

1) How much sushi do you estimate you have eaten in your lifetime?

2) How many links to OOT threads does Thremp IM to you per day with no explanation?

3) Somewhat related to question #3 -- if you could kill one poster from Sports Betting who would it be?

4) If you could become one poster from Sports Betting for a day, who would it be (other than me) and what would you do?

5) Do you ride dirtay on purpose sometimes so you can talk about RIDIN DIRTAY?

6) How many 7-10 splits have you picked up in your lifetime?

7) Explain the easiest way for a mediocre bowler like me to hustle someone with prop betting.

8) What is the biggest middle you've hit and what game was it on?

9) What is the worst bad beat you've suffered that cost you a middle or exposure?
Old 02-07-2007, 11:52 AM

How often does this forum make you suicidal?
Old 02-07-2007, 12:23 PM

which regular posters in this specific forum do you consider clueless retards?
Old 02-07-2007, 12:39 PM

Where does your username, b00t, come from?
Old 02-07-2007, 02:43 PM

ok I'm alive.... I will start answering questions now [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]