Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2007, 04:20 AM

Default Commerce 20. AJ - Continuation bet?

awsome fishy game that im stuck 1300$ in.

I have AJ on button

Folded to loosish agressive player in late position who raises

CO cold calls (fairly loose but not a bad player)
I 3-pop it for value
BB super-passive , super-loose bad player calls
All call

I have a LAGish image right now, 3-bet a couple suited connectors earlier, all showed down.. Raised two turns with open ended straight flush draws in multiway pots.. Both missed. Hitting tons of strong draws on the flop, raising it, then missing.. Raising a lot preflop and folding to any action.

Flop is Q97

All check to me. I checked it.
I folded to a turn bet.. Got many puzzled looks...

Bad flop check?
Old 08-14-2007, 04:54 AM

Default Re: Commerce 20. AJ - Continuation bet?

pot is pretty big with 12sb and only 3 opponents, so kinda worth fighting for

on a coordinated flop like this you´re not going to fold out much, if anything, esp since they all paid 3 bets for it, but a bet might give you a free river, which would make it a very good investment, esp since you have a few back door straight outs as well

of course, you run the risk of getting c/r on the flop, which would suck monkey balls

if you had a nitty tag image, I´d def bet at it, with your LAGish image it´s somewhat more close

it´s somewhat of a preference thing, but a flop check is def not bad either
Old 08-14-2007, 04:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
awsome fishy game that im stuck 1300$ in.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I have a LAGish image right now, 3-bet a couple suited connectors earlier, all showed down.. Raised two turns with open ended straight flush draws in multiway pots.. Both missed. Hitting tons of strong draws on the flop, raising it, then missing.. Raising a lot preflop and folding to any action.

[/ QUOTE ]

These two quote are more related than you possibly imagine.

Given your reads on the BB, and the action thus far, you found yourself a good place to call-2 preflop. After that, you played if fine.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:16 AM

lol, the suited connector 3-bets PF were before the fish arrived... Im raising a lot with good hands PF and missing, not with air.. And all the draw raising on the turn was for value :P

Id put PFRs range to be something like any broadway, some SC and any pair, occasisonally Axs. Cold caller similar.
Why not build a big pot with AJo in position against these ranges? Knocking SB out is also a very high probability.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol, the suited connector 3-bets PF were before the fish arrived... Im raising a lot with good hands PF and missing, not with air.. And all the draw raising on the turn was for value :P

Id put PFRs range to be something like any broadway, some SC and any pair, occasisonally Axs. Cold caller similar.
Why not build a big pot with AJo in position against these ranges? Knocking SB out is also a very high probability.

[/ QUOTE ]
relax, there's nothing wrong with how you played this.

a c-bet for a free turn card has some merits but even in a passive commerce game you're pretty unlikely to see the river for 1 sb, given how that flop has something for everybody (but you).
Old 08-14-2007, 06:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

a c-bet for a free turn card has some merits but even in a passive commerce game you're pretty unlikely to see the river for 1 sb, given how that flop has something for everybody (but you).

[/ QUOTE ]

Relax? Is my lingering tilt from todays session coming through in my posts? Damn [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I am actually curious about PF, because there have been many situations where im playing more agressive than ive ever played because of my shorthanded experiences with loose ranges. At times im wondering if im overdoing it for full ring...

IE one fish limped in MP, I raise AQs on button, solid agressive TAG re-raises from SB. Fish calls. I capped.
I know the TAG knows im isolating very light here so I suspect he will probabily be 3-beting light and I suspected I had an edge against his + fishes range.. I would have never capped this a year ago when I was playing more full ring..

I think I need to move up where they respek my raises..
Old 08-14-2007, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Relax? Is my lingering tilt from todays session coming through in my posts? Damn [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I am actually curious about PF, because there have been many situations where im playing more agressive than ive ever played because of my shorthanded experiences with loose ranges. At times im wondering if im overdoing it for full ring...

IE one fish limped in MP, I raise AQs on button, solid agressive TAG re-raises from SB. Fish calls. I capped.
I know the TAG knows im isolating very light here so I suspect he will probabily be 3-beting light and I suspected I had an edge against his + fishes range.. I would have never capped this a year ago when I was playing more full ring..

I think I need to move up where they respek my raises..

[/ QUOTE ]

nah, you're just running bad and overthinking things because of it. happens to all of us, even victor from mhsh
Old 08-15-2007, 03:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Given your reads on the BB, and the action thus far, you found yourself a good place to call-2 preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]
I dunno, I prefer 3-betting this bc we should be ahead of the lag's range and CO's range as well and BB is just dead money AND we have position

allthough I don't really like AJ bc it doesn't play al that well multiway and it faces some nasty rio when we flop a 2nd best hand, I do think it's strong enough to 3-bet in this spot, it should help to make life post flop a little easier on ourselves as well
Old 08-15-2007, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Given your reads on the BB, and the action thus far, you found yourself a good place to call-2 preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]
I dunno, I prefer 3-betting this bc we should be ahead of the lag's range and CO's range as well and BB is just dead money AND we have position

allthough I don't really like AJ bc it doesn't play al that well multiway and it faces some nasty rio when we flop a 2nd best hand, I do think it's strong enough to 3-bet in this spot, it should help to make life post flop a little easier on ourselves as well

[/ QUOTE ]

Bloating the pot with a high ROI hand multiway sure doesn't make postflop easy.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:45 PM

I think the fact that you are stuck a lot in the game might change your normal plays preflop and on the flop. If I am ahead in a game, been winning a lot of hands, showing down big hands, etc., people respect my bets more and I can often win a pot on aggression alone. People will even show me their low pairs while folding when I have bet the flop with Ace high. But if I am losing, people don't fear me and I have to showdown the best hand to win.

In this circumstance, if I had been winning I might reraise preflop like you did and bet out the flop I whiffed. However, if running bad, I might just fold preflop. Not because I think I am in a streak of bad luck or anything, but because the rest of the table does not fear me.