Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 07:07 PM

Default The Well:FGators

Free space in the well so 2+2's favorite figured he'd hop in and answer some questions. Go ahead...
Old 05-25-2007, 07:08 PM

Default Re: The Well:FGators

What's your poker story? (ldo)
Old 05-25-2007, 07:16 PM

Started with a $20 transfer from a friend in the summer of 2005. Was down to $10, back to $30 playing one table of .25/.50 NL. really stupid I know but I felt like it was $20 so minds well go balls to the wall ($20 was a lot of money back then, I was a soph. in college and basically a scared gambler) Remember hitting a flush over flush when I was up to $35 to double the roll. Then played a $1 tournament and ended up getting 3rd out of like 2000 back when Stars paid 10% on the $1 tournaments. Read HOH, saw 2+2 on the back covered, registered, read a few more poker books (Hellmuth's,Super System,Little Green Book), basically got engrossed in the game. Made a final table of a $2 event and got the roll to around $400 between $5 sit n gos, .10/.25 2 tabling, and $1,$2 MTTs.

Took a shot trying a $22/180 man on a boring Friday night, got 4th running hot.

Then I went to all MTTs and had an okay winning streak but no wins or top fives. The weekend of Easter I played a 180 man, won it, then won another a day later, and got third the next day. That was my big entry into poker.

I started grinding $.50/$1 on Stars and $1/2 playing 3-4 tables, then 6, then too many. I began a winner, got my roll up to $10k+, then lost the famous 77buyins staying afloat amist a few good tournaments scores and the Stars VIP bonuses.

made a few BBV posts that became legendary, I guess, but at the same time quietly read the strategy forums while people thought all I did was bitch and whine. Tried to develop my game and become less predictable, something of which I'm still fixing.

Been playing $2/4 the last 2 days and actually won 8.5 buyins yesterday.

That was the semi-short of it...
Old 05-25-2007, 07:19 PM

i just wanna say you're the [censored] man

peace
Old 05-25-2007, 07:10 PM

Whee.

What did you do to get into a positive mindset after your big losses (as chronicled in BBV)?

I think you said you wanted to do this Well because you are mostly leaving 2+2 and poker. Could you expand on why you are doing so?

When and how did you start playing poker? How did you grind yourself up to 200NL?
Old 05-25-2007, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Whee.

What did you do to get into a positive mindset after your big losses (as chronicled in BBV)?

I think you said you wanted to do this Well because you are mostly leaving 2+2 and poker. Could you expand on why you are doing so?

When and how did you start playing poker? How did you grind yourself up to 200NL?

[/ QUOTE ]

I get very emotional about poker, especially when Im running bad. I decided to set a bankroll level and if I lost the money I would cash out and find a new hobby. I was so negative when I made that post that I thought it was a definite to happen. Fortuantely I started playing better and running better and it's never come to that. Since the streak I would have to drop like $10k for me to quit (which given history and my crazy swings is not impossible playing $1/2 or taking $2/4 shots).
Old 05-25-2007, 07:21 PM

Oh, and for those wondering what got me to take a $20 transfer and why I got into poker it's the same old thing you hear all the time...Chris Moneymaker/ESPN. ESPN got me hooked on poker. I used to play 5 card draw/stupid kiddie games like War with friends when I was little as well as my grandmom so I enjoyed anything related to card games. There was just something cool about poker which pushed me into getting more involved in the game.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:22 PM

PokerEV graph?

Edit: Your story is pretty cool and I'm glad to hear you're playing/running better.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PokerEV graph?

Edit: Your story is pretty cool and I'm glad to hear you're playing/running better.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't have access to any graphs...on my family's home computer now that I'm all done with school.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:30 PM

Fgators I respect you a lot more after reading your posts thus far in this thread.
Closed Thread