Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2006, 06:01 PM

Default Give the free card when at risk of a C/R

Don't have a solid read on villian but from two or three orbits has done a too much CCing(but not super loose and not a maniac either) I have also seen him C/R and never have to SD.

On the flop I felt he wanted to lead and between that and prior play I was really concerned about getting raised by a Q or a semi-bluff if I bet the turn as I think it would be best to fold if that happened. At the same time I don't want to give a free card to the FD. So what do we do on this turn. Bet/Fold, Bet/Call(call or fold riv.) or check through.

Party Poker 3.00/6.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6.00 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: (4.00 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero...
Old 04-28-2006, 06:06 PM

Default Re: Give the free card when at risk of a C/R

You have to remember that some of the time people will bet a busted FD if you check through the turn, especially if they are aggressive.

I would rather bet/fold here than check and call a river, but I think it is only because you have no aggressive read on your opponent. You say you think he will c/r, well let him do it and fold a spade if you like. I would tend to just fold straight off and not let worrying about a c/r scare you. He could easily have gone to get some coffee or something.

True
Old 04-28-2006, 06:14 PM

Default Re: Give the free card when at risk of a C/R

If the flop was HU, I might be more concerned about getting c/r'ed off the hand here. I can't believe he wouldn't c/r the flop though with TP considering that there was a player behind him that he could force off the hand. I like betting here and then re-evaluating the river. I would fold to a raise here.